Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Model D owners manual

Simplicity_728

Simplicity_728

Hi, I was wondering if anybody on here has an owners manual for a Simplicity Model D walk behind tractor? Thanks

i think i have one i will look to see if i can find it. i own one my self. if i find it i will try to send it to you. this week is heck tick for me so i may not get to it this week but will try asap for you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I picked up a walk behind last night and think it to be a Simplicity. Is there anywhere that pics of Simplicity walk behinds can be found? It has an extra set of weighted wheels, cultivator and breaking plow with it, engine is a Model 9 Briggs. Engine has little compression, but does have fire...

That says mine is an M1, made from 51-53. That works, the engine was made in February 1952. Think I got took at $50?

• Like 1

quote:Originally posted by MrSteele

That says mine is an M1, made from 51-53. That works, the engine was made in February 1952. Think I got took at $50?

id="quote">
id="quote">LOL Um... no :D

• 4 years later...

Hi tubatom04 did you find your manual for the 48 Model D? I'm desperate to  find one to restore my wife's late grandmother's 2 wheel tractor

Thanks Steve 

On 8/27/2015 at 10:46 PM, MrSteele said:

I picked up a walk behind last night and think it to be a Simplicity. Is there anywhere that pics of Simplicity walk behinds can be found? It has an extra set of weighted wheels, cultivator and breaking plow with it, engine is a Model 9 Briggs. Engine has little compression, but does have fire...

The model 9 Briggs..on mine has fire, has a Nova module with wires in ??shape. Have a new module installed, but have not had time to try. Possibly in the next week or so, after a 1978 Ford, a 1972 Yazoo, and then the M1 Tractor with the Model 9 engine. Will let  all know, along with video/sound as to how it all works.I had to lap the valves, adjust valve stems, reassemble and pray.. If you take the valves out, remember that gravity is your friend when reassembling. UPSIDE DOWN ON THE BENCH...

On 8/29/2015 at 1:00 AM, MrSteele said:

You did, if you want to be saved from the embarrassment bring it over and I'll reimburse you!:D

I'm just that kind of guy. &:)

On 9/13/2019 at 8:18 PM, Steve O said:

Hi tubatom04 did you find your manual for the 48 Model D? I'm desperate to  find one to restore my wife's late grandmother's 2 wheel tractor

Thanks Steve 

@Simplicity_728 and @Steve O, I have this manual. It was available through the Simplicity site at one time and I saved it. Can send it to you by email. 

On 9/15/2019 at 11:02 AM, B-16_IC said:

You did, if you want to be saved from the embarrassment bring it over and I'll reimburse you!:D

I'm just that kind of guy. &:)

The bad part of the purchase? I needed 1 tire...and it cost me $130

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

HAd it running today. Had to play a bit with the carb, put a new plug in it, pulled 3 more times, and after some sputtering, she came to life. I am not certain of the engine pulley or belt length, which I know is too long, or how the gears are supposed to be shifted, but the tractor and cultivator will likely be for sale in the near future, when I learn how it operates. I took it for a spin to the end of the driveway and around the back yard. Anyone have any catalog information or manuals describint the tranny and how it is supposed to work? I wouls also be interested to see what the kickstand looks like.