Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

new Carb 620

720nut

quote:Originally posted by 720nut

Ordered a new carb from Auto test systems said there not available any suggestions on where to find one ?

id="quote">
id="quote"> theres a carb place in ohio but i forgot where that sells new ones ill see if i can find the invoice and let you know

quote:Originally posted by hurleyii

Take the part number and go on ebay

id="quote">
id="quote">What he said, search the internet.

Thanks guys, I've checked a couple of places will keep looking, I do have a gasket set coming so may be able to fix mine

The last time i bought a new carb for my 12HP B&S I/C, I got it through Amazon. When it shipped, it came from Briggs via two other parts houses down south. But they had the best price around.

It had rust and all sorts of crap in it ,I soaked it for 3 days in carb cleaner I have and it works but not like it should,also does leak on fuel bowl. Would just like to put new carb on as seeing how much money I have tied up in it so far. will try and look today we've been so busy mowing it's hard to get anything done

:(Guys I've checked every where I can think of, I know I've spoke with several people about carbs and they claim they've bought new ones but so far no luck. Is this something requiring the secret hand shake? HELP

Hello, Have you checked the RV dealers or the welder dealers, these engines were used on a lot of RV's and Welders!

What part # are you looking for? and brand of carb ?

Thanks Ken in Mi

John, no I haven't will try it today.This is the one you recomended ZEN13793, It's the one they say is not available I will look for this one and see. I found a place in Jackson that handles Onans will check with them when they open.

When I checked on a rebuild kit for the ZEN13793, the kit was listed as fitting:

quote:Zenith carburetor kit 1408 series fits carb #'s 14032 13298 14145 13360 14021 13216 13260 13261 13262 13263 13264 13265 13473 13487 13543 13656 13681 13682 13763 13962 13990 14040 13273 13274 13275 13277 13278 13279 13589 13216 13454 13417 13395 13793id="quote">
id="quote">

When I googled Zenith 1408, I got the Zenith site immediately.

http://www.zenithfuelsystems.com/sidedraft_1408.htm

Visually look the same.

Looks to be a phone call or email away from getting a source?

http://www.zenithfuelsystems.com/contact.htm

Am going to call Mattie today at Zenith and see what she recommends. I'm at my whits end, has to be something that will work. Forgot to mention I did find two one for $810 and one for $1254.60 there way to proud for my blood

Got carb kit yesterdaysm01 didn't have time to work on, will call Mattie today.

went to brushhog last night only to take front clucth bearing out on 720, one more thing to fix.:(!