Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
powermax_paul

Sorry to See Them Go

powermax_paul

I have one Simplicity left and I will soon be out of Orange. But I will always check in here from time to time. Who knows how long I'll be able to keep from picking up a little old orange or yellow machine. Always wanted a diesel and finally bit the bullet.

11401139_834008799987896_2573404817005618337_n_zpsltoxe0x6.jpg

powermax_paul
quote:Originally posted by alec

well I hope your dog " cleans " your tire . haha ! kidding of course ...kinda .. maybe ya know simplicity makes a diesel :P

id="quote">
id="quote">Yeah, I know. The Legacy just isn't as heavy as I was used to with the three Powermaxs I had. This is just about 100# heavier than a Powermax and has cat1 and 540. I also have bad shoulders and the power steering really helps.My first 9020 gave me great service for 27 years since I bought it from my Uncle. Still runs great and I'll be sad to see it go.

SmilinSam

You should like that in the long run. They sell gobs of them down this way. I had a Massey gc2300 and sold it. Got a Kubota bx25d with the backhoe now. Absolutely love itdOd

powermax_paul

Sam, the backhoe is gonna have to wait a bit after the dent this one put in my wallet. I looked at Kioti and Kubota as well, cuz they all had good reviews, but based my decision more on location than anything. Bobcat of Madison where I bought it is only 3.3 miles away. For minor/routine service I can be there in less than 20 minutes legally with the flashers and smv sign. That's less time than it would take me to hook up the trailer and load it.

SmilinSam

Can you just add the hoe to your tractor? If you can , that would be great.

On the Massey GC2300 I bought in 2003, I didn't want to afford the backhoe. Big mistake, as when I changed my mind, you couldn't just add the hoe as it only came on the GC2310 tractor. Same tractor but setup at factory with xtra framing for the hoe.

I got lucky on this Kubota, as it was a 2 year old demo that hadn't actually been demo'ed, but they were having a hard time selling it because it didn't come with the factory financing as it was a demo program tractor. I was discounted heavily and after selling all my sovereign stuff and other tractors, I managed to afford the Kubota. Making monthly payments, but they are cheap enough.

powermax_paul

Sam,

I think I can just add the hoe, but for as much as I'd use it now that I'm no longer a contractor, I'd probably be just as well off renting a mini excavator.

Lloyd,

Yes, the addiction will always be there. Might still get a small rider for Laura(my wifelike person) so she has something to use when I'm away on business.

Fishnwiz,

I'll certainly do that ;)

ShaunE

Paul,

When I get my hydraulics straightened around on my loader, I will bring my 720 up for you to reminisce. It is a real basket case. Maybe by then, we can have a piece of pie at the Norske Nook.

I did finally get my Danco rotary mower ready for some work.

rich_kildow

And beautiful tractor, by the way. My dad and I, who live within a mile of each other, are looking at splitting the cost of something along those lines in the next year or two. Our decision, much like yours, will come down to dealer proximity.