Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

2 quick questions

Mike

1- I just noticed on my 918H that the deck will not travel all the way to the up position. I'll pull the deck and check it out, just thought I would ask for info in order to save time. This tractor does have a rear lift.

2- I'm going to a bgbg r&r this week, I can't remember which side plate is easier to remove, it's a bear aging?

Thanks!

I had similar problem and tied a one over knot to shorten my cable.

Right hand side plate is the one that you have to do the shimming to tighten up on back lash.

HI mike check to see the Pulley bushing is not wore allowing the cable to come off the pulley at the underside of the frame. the plate i take off is the side that the belt is on.

I've been battling this on my 917...I never thought to knot the cable, but will do that when I get home today. Duh...

My deck rollers literally peel sod when backing up, with the samp/soft turf we've had all year. Lifting that deck even another half inch would save me a lot of sod stomping after I mow.