Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sickle mower installation how's?

hurleyii

Ok so I have a sickle mower that came with my 3415s I'm going to install on the 912 tomorrow . How do I do this pics would be great. Also I have a double v belt I found in all the parts does anybody know what that's for?

It will not directly work on the 900/7100 series tractors. You will have to use a longer belt. Did you get the cable pulley bracket with it? Mods are needed in order to attach the bracket. Josh has done this on his 917.

The spring is loose on one side what does it connect to? The whole I see to the right is my assumption.

Yes I have the pulley bracket that's for the lift its currently on the side of the 3415s. I also have the wood board thingy and the belts I think.

Ok guys thanks for all the help. Between the info I got from you guys here and on 9020 sickle mower post I got it all figured out. Greased it oiled it and hooked it up and walla! I have to modify for the cable lift bracket and the chain support but I had it working and had to grease it again and overall it sounds great!! FYI the belt that came with the 3415s did work but I don't know if that belt was meant for the sickle, the 48" deck, or the 36" snow blower. I did have to grease again as it was a little loud but seems to have gotton quiet after the second greasing and further oiling!

Thanks again guys for all the help! Now its time to go build another shelf in the garage to get these attachments up and out of the way like they belong. Then to fix the the points bushing issues.