Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

L112 Loader details

MarkEagleUSA

I have a B112 with a L112 loader buried in my garage that I'm going to dig out this weekend. It hasn't been used in at least 3 years, maybe longer, so I have my work cut out for me.

The tractor was fully restored (mechanically at least) back in the late 90's when I first acquired it. The loader has had nothing of substance done to it... yet.

I have a few questions regarding the loader. First, what are the specs on the hydraulic pump? I think it's a Cessna but could never find anything specific.

Also, what size pulley does the pump require. I rigged up one just to make it work but I have no idea if it's close to being the right size. I see in the L10 specs that the pump is rated for 1.5 GPM @ 2000 RPM. I guess I can figure the pulley size based on the one on the engine and 3600 RPM correct?

Lastly, any specs on the lift and dump cylinders? Any good links to reasonably priced replacements?

Thanks. That looks like a great manual. Unfortunately it doesn't tell me the size of the pump pulley. If someone has one of these loaders and can measure the pulley for me I'd really appreciate it.

sorry I thought it was for that loader I have the l112

the pulley is 3 1/4 edge to edge I cant find a tag on it but there are some numbers stamped in it . let me know what you need I will try and help . I am not an expert so you may need to guide me a bit

Originally posted by alec

sorry I thought it was for that loader I have the l112

id="quote">So it's 3-1/4 OD? That should help me get started.

I seem to remember reading that the differance between the L-12 and the L-112 was the sub frame .

let me know if you find a connection for the rams . my scoop ram is rusted at the bottom so it leaks in the down position

quote:Originally posted by bowhunt4life

Pics we love to see pictures especially of the loaders :D

id="quote">
id="quote">If/when I drag it out this weekend I'll get a few.

I'd love to see photos and quite honestly if anybody is interested in documenting the dimensions and specs on these things that would be amazing as I consider building one.

I was able to get it out of the garage today... unfortunately I didn't get any pictures.

The battery is shot, one of the rear tires is dry rotted and flat, the gas tank is full of rust, and the carb definitely needs a rebuild or replacement. Not to mention the mice have done a number inside the engine shroud. Other than that it looks good. ;)

Going to try and get the tank cleaned first. Might grab a battery tomorrow and see if I can find a set of rims/tire at the local power equipment dealer. Time and money are a bit tight right now so this may take a while.

I'll try to remember to grab some pics tomorrow...

Got the ol' girl running today. Replaced the carb, cleaned the fuel tank, got a new battery, and mounted a tire. Fueled her up, pressed the starter button, and viola! She came to life!Still needs some TLC (and paint!) but that'll take some time to get done.

20150713_154749-S.jpg

20150713_154731-S.jpg

20150713_154802-S.jpg

I hope my decision to paint her with Cub Cadet colors doesn't ban me from the Clubhouse! At the time I rebuilt her years ago that's what I had available, plus my working tractor is a Cub 1641.

20150711_130857-S.jpg

20150713_154749-S.jpg.f3757d4dc9afe4393b170325d752dc24.jpg

20150713_154731-S.jpg.d76baa5094f869e25ff2a187c790c6ad.jpg

20150713_154802-S.jpg.aacc6ebcfb7381604bc6d09bd50e1665.jpg

20150711_130857-S.jpg.7c4d1ec1b302c39c06bcefdc0ab153a7.jpg

quote:Originally posted by CTD01

nice piece. where did you get drive pulley for the loader? i cant seem to get my hands on one with a 7/16' bore.

id="quote">
id="quote">Not sure where I got it but it's actually a 1/2" bore with a bronze bushing drilled for the set screw to pass through.