Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

antique power magazine july/august issue

damon91

Not sure how many of you out there subscribe to this magazine, I have for a few years and it has a lot of nice articles and stories.

In the latest issue they had a nice write up about an old Simplicity dealer and his restored Landlord 2110 which is a suqare hood foot dragger. They claim in the article that he sold the tractor new in 1965 and took it back in on trade in 1981 and restored it. I enjoyed the article but didnt the squere hoods come out in 1968 or 1969? wouldnt the 1965 landlord be a 101?

Just thought I would share this

Damon

Thanks for sharing. Yo're right on the model/year, but I would imagine some of the lines begin to blur for an old timer, a few decades removed from selling hundreds of tractors. I run into this a lot at shows and such and just smile and nod. Learned the first time I tried to 'correct' an ex-dealer on the year of my Big Ten...not worth it!

Last year I bought a '1973' roundhood, blackdash Landlord off a long-term Simplicity guy, and original owner of the tractor. I'm willing to bet I would not have had an invite back to his place to see it, if I had argued that his memory was off a bit.

Talked to that fellow at a show in Northern Indiana a couple of years ago. He has some amazing modified Simplicity tractors.Mind seemed sharp as a tack.Here are pics of his 725 with sickle mower and a 4X4 he made. It is a larger pic than the one on pg.66 in Antique Power. My guess is the magazine screwed up the dates; not him....Dave

14FL220.jpg

14FL350.jpg

14FL220.jpg.0e834efaa68088d3ab2c50d36ee1569f.jpg

14FL350.jpg.2d265357884fda1aa26038da98c8a044.jpg