Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

goodtimo

Sunstar/Ultima deck versus Legacy deck

goodtimo

My dad has a 1920 Ultima with a worn out 60 inch deck; needs a whole new deck shell.

My question is...Will a 60 inch deck from a Legacy work? What about one from a Legacy XL? Those come up for sale much more often than the sunstar ones.

I'll also put a "want ad" in the classifieds to see if anyone has a 60-incher for a Sunstar or Ultima that's not all worn out.

Thanks in advance.

goodtimo

i've got the number of the legacy deck, but not the one for the sunstar. I'll have to look that one up.thanks.

quote:Originally posted by BLT

If you have both product numbers of the mowers itself, download the parts bulletins and compare. If they are both LH discharge, the shells could be the same.

id="quote">
id="quote">

Talntedmrgreen

If you have the SS deck now, I would think you have the hardware needed to adapt a Legacy or XL deck to your SS. The legacy deck is the same, with the hitch and electric cut height adjust being the exception.

An XL deck drives from the rear vs the front PTO, but it's gearbox is reversible (holes for mounting either orientation). Then again, it's a matter of a hitch adaptation. I would look for a switch as well, and utilize the electric cut height adjust if you go with a Legacy deck.