Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tiller pulleys for 6216

richiebanta1

I have a 6216 and have found a tiller model number 169039.I have the pulley that attaches to the back of the mower but I need to know what pulley number to get for the tractor itself as I only have the single pulley on it right now.I know this has probably been asked before but any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi Richie,

The drive pulley is part number 1666282. Don't know if it is still available or not. Also, there is an idler pulley and a mounting bracket that would be bolted on just inside of the rectangular hole in the back of the tractor. I believe the pulley is still available but not sure about the mounting bracket.

steve

I need the pulley that attaches to the tractor itself at the rear axle.I was looking at mine and tryin to figure out if my current pulley has to be replaced or not as it is flush with the shaft right now with no room to add another pulley beside it

The one on ebay looks right, as far as I can tell. If I remember correctly, the big pulley on the tractor now either has to be moved in, or taken off and turned around so the hub is on the other side. My Allis T816 should be the same as the 6216 and it has this pulley on it:

DSC01646.JPG

DSC01647.JPG

DSC01648.JPG

In the last pic you can see the hub on the big pulley is on the inside which gives room for the tiller pulley to mount on the outside. In the second pic you can also see the bracket (number 22 in Rays post) and the idler pulley (number 11) that is mounted under the tractor and just inside of the back end next to the hole for the belt.Hope this helps!Steve

DSC01646.JPG.89aed28153f34c50c47b24d85a77b654.JPG

DSC01647.JPG.cde39364d4f81948b18615421e11b858.JPG

DSC01648.JPG.71b250eb6fce8988d3b5f43eca2c1018.JPG

Wow, just saw the price on that pulley on ebay!! I think you can go to Fleet Farm or similar and buy a pulley cheaper. When I get out to the garage I will measure the diameter of the pulley for you in case you want to go that way. Mine is not a cast pulley and it works fine.

Steve

Thanks for the info looks like I am missing another piece.I don't have the inside idler pulley in the pic just the one that mounts on the outside rear of the tractor itself but this will help me get it pieced together

The inside idler pulley is still available, as far as I know, and not too awful expensive. The bracket is not available as far as I know, but it is easy enough to make one if you need to. You will also need the belt guard that goes around the drive pulley to keep the belt on the pulley, but this is also easy enough to make if need be. Hope this all helps!

Steve

i checked my drive pulley and it looks like no matter which way i flip my pulley i dont have room on the shaft for another pulley.my pulley has 3 threaded holes in it like the pulley is supposed to bolt to my drive pulley.ive tried posting pics but cant figure out how to post them yet

It seems to me that I have seen a drive pulley that bolted onto the big one but can't recall what model it was on, but it isn't a 6216 as far as I know. Does your big pulley for the tractor drive have a spring mounting system between the pulley and the hub? That is what I am remembering with the one that bolted on. I do not have a number for the tiller pulley that would bolt onto the big one tho and don't know where to find it. Maybe Ray can recall?

Steve