Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Where ya at?

fitchnhunt

Forgive me if this is posted in the wrong area but it seems to be the busiest to reach out to most. Just curious where everyone is from. Being green to owning a tractor and having very little experience with tractors, I was curious who may be local (Sheboygan, WI) and if anyone ever gets together to troubleshoot, hang out, etc.... I know there have been meets in the past but was curious if anyone does any get-togethers on a smaller scale. Thanks!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tonyvdb

• Talntedmrgreen

• 712shuttle

• spi

Butler, WI. For starts here's a list of tractor shows in Wisconsin for 2015. http://www.upsteamandgasengine.org/2013-wisconsin-events/ This is kind of where I started plus joining the club. If you have a unit that you'd like to display, that's one way to get started as exhibitor as there is no entrance fee, without exhibitors there would be no shows, and you can walk around to see the show. I started a gathering nine years ago http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=145531 and have about 25-35 members make it an afternoon. Other then that it is happenstance on meeting others. That's the best that I can help you for starters.

You see an old tractor stop and say hi. Lol seems odd but you never know. Most people with older tractors belong in a different time. I stopped at a house Sunday and landed me a 7116h for dirt cheap. Started talking to him last night and he's got an old WD and a Simp. 725 he's restoring. He will be joining us soon most likly

The name might be misleading. Originally, I was born in Upper Michigan. Then we moved to Wisconsin where we lived for 29 years. Last spring we moved here, to Sully Iowa, to be near the daughter and son-in-law, and grandkids. Thought about changing the name but I am old and just don't like change much. :):)

Steve

Trego, WI...I guess I'm taking up the Northern end. Another member, Ardisam, is about 30 minutes south of me.

West Gardiner Maine is my home town so I don't get out to midwest much. Wife and I are going to Michigan in August to visit her relatives. I told her I was going to bring the trailer so I could pickup a couple tractors. She just gave me that look and I decided maybe I won't take the trailer. Maybe just fill the trunk.

Grand Rapids, MI for me. Heading to my first show this weekend, in Allendale. Might even bring a tractor with me, just to save the 5 bucks admission

quote:Originally posted by Tonyvdb

West Gardiner Maine is my home town so I don't get out to midwest much. Wife and I are going to Michigan in August to visit her relatives. I told her I was going to bring the trailer so I could pickup a couple tractors. She just gave me that look and I decided maybe I won't take the trailer. Maybe just fill the trunk.

id="quote">
id="quote">If you look around this site you will see we have several guys who are EXPERTS at packing the back of pickup trucks with more then one tractor! Lol

Dorr, MI...just south of Grand Rapids.

Tony, we can find you as much as you care to carry home! Start shopping CL now, and we'll pile it all up for you. ;)

Branford,CT just east of New Haven. There are are several of us here and I got to meet up with Paul (CTD01) one night after work. It was humbling. I envy you midwest guys, tractors and collectors seem thick out there. Dave

Waterport New York. Between Buffalo and Rochester. There are a few of us scattered around Western New York, usually run into each other at shows, as well as a couple guys that come down from Canada.

Western Maine here. But I get out to Wisconsin once a year. No truck and it is a rental so only parts

Rick..........