Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor of the Month - September

SmilinSam

Tractor of the Month Contest
id="size4">

September 2015id="green">id="size5">

This months contest will be :

"Simplicity and Allis Chalmers built or branded Non-Tractor Power Equipment "id="green"> id="size6">

Looking for your walk behind tillers, walk behind snowblowers, generators, chainsaws, Golf carts, Terra Tigers, mini bikes or any other piece of stand alone equipment that has its own engine or motor. Gas or electric.. That is not a tractor. This also includes appliances, sawmills, or anything else that can be turned on and off that was made by or branded as by Allis Chalmers or Simplicityid="red">id="size6">

Open to:id="size3">

All Simplicity & Allis Chalmers made or branded non-tractor power equipment as well as such made by Simplicity or AC under another brand nameid="navy"> id="size5">

Please Note:
id="size6">

All pictures submitted to Tractor of the Month contests should be sized to 640x480 to maintain consistency and neatness in presentation

Also: If contest criteria calls for multiple tractors, please put all the tractors in one picture, rather than posting a series of pictures showing individual tractors. Its the only way to get all your winning equipment, for such a contest, in the picture on the Club home page

id="size4">

Tractor of the month contest guidelinesid="size3">

1. For club members and registered users. This also includes all officers, moderators, and administrators.

2. The selection committee will determine each monthly contests criteria. Equipment that does not meet theme criteria will be disqualified by the committee and removed from the submission topic.

3. The tractors submitted can be a restoration, an original, a rescue, a modification, an extensive repair/rebuild - or as specified by the committee.

4. This contest is open for owners to enter their own tractors, or by having someone else nominate them - upon which owner must accept and post entry.

5. The contest is limited to the first 8 entries submitted. This due to the poll system only being able to accommodate 8 entries. Following the 8th entry, the contest topic will be closed to further entries. Votes will be taken in the normal time frame as stated below.

6. Post your entry as a reply to this topic. Narrative and pictures are required - This to tell its story, and to convince voters why it is deserving of being the next Club's tractor of the month.

7. You can enter a tractor/equipment multiple times (months), but it can only win once per year. Once that tractor has won, you cannot submit that tractor again for a year on any subject.

8. Each contest will have a entry submission period beginning the 15th day of each month and lasting to the 15th day of the following month. Once the submission period is over, the current nomination topic will be locked and the next opened.

9.Following each months submission period, a poll topic will then be opened and members will be asked to vote on the nicest tractor listed in the nomination topic. All members and registered users are eligible to vote. Vote will last for a period of two weeks , from the 15th day of month to the last day of each month. The new winner will be declared on the 1st of each month.

10. Wining tractors each month will be posted on the club home page for a period of one month, 1st day of the month to the last day of the month, and a Contest winners hat will be sent to the winner.

11. Please post only entries/nominees in this topic -- any other replies will be deleted.

12. All pictures submitted should be sized to 640x480 to maintain consistency and neatness in presentation. If contest criteria calls for multiple tractors, please put all the tractors in one picture, rather than posting a series of pictures showing individual tractors. Its the only way to get all your winning equipment, for such a contest, in the picture on the Club home page

13. Final vote results will be posted to Poll topic at the time the Poll topic is closed. These posted results are the official, and FINAL results that will determine the winner each month regardless of any further votes cast After the polls have been closed. This is stated because while replies cannot be made after a poll topic is closed, apparently votes can continue to be cast. Its a technical issue that we have to work around at the present time.

14. In the event of a tie, the following procedure will be in effect. The tied winners will share having their pictures posted on the Club home page, each having an equal amount of the months time in the spotlight. There will only be one hat awarded though, and so there will be a run-off vote between the tied members for the hat. This vote will last 2 weeks. The winner of this second run-off vote will receive the winners hat.

If a tied winner has already won a contest and a hat, the hat for the tied contest will automatically be given to other tied winner who has not won one yet.

id="left"> id="size1">

This Is my Backup Generator that I Purchased Two years ago at Auction, I Added Gas and it Started on the First Pull. Luckily I have Not had to use it yet but it's ready to Go when and If I need it.

GP3.5 mot7.JPG

GP3.6 mot7.JPG

GP3.7 mot7.JPG

57e061a25812b_GP3.5mot7.JPG.c920ee0fa71d8dc499780b852c9791d6.JPG

57e061a2e5be4_GP3.6mot7.JPG.36165faee54f20060f75b7d9ad11bc2d.JPG

57e061a3091b3_GP3.7mot7.JPG.c47835d03ea534ea492cd193cbb4f65a.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to nominate Ron Erickson's Simplicity Electric Edger. I find it to be one of the most interesting finds I have seen. His post where it was shared can be seen here:http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=146805&SearchTerms=simplicity,edger

TOM1_sep_2015.jpg

TOM3_Sep_2015.jpg

TOM4_sep_2015.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

How about a tiller? And of a different color as well. Second owner, picked it up this spring at original owners estate auction with furrower, original manual and invoice. Bought new in 77 so it's younger than me by a year.:D

20150321_184400_zpstzf8ipux.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Vote is now closed.

Official results at time of closing were:

Results:

DaveBsACs and his Composter [32%] 9 votes

D10-Allis and his Generator [21%] 6 votes

ac-b12 and his Electric edger [39%] 11 votes

B-16_IC and his Homelite Tiller [7%] 2 votes

Congratulations to ac-b12 for being the winner this month