Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Glenn_Galle

Deck Interchange

theniteowl

Anyone know what decks would fit an A/C 416?

The tractor came with two decks, both of which are left hand discharge and not correct for the tractor. One is a 48" deck and was slightly modified so it would connect under the tractor at the steeper angle the bail assembly needs to hook up to the tractor and still leave room for the belt to go to the front PTO. The problem is that the PTO rotation is opposite what the deck needs.

I pulled blades from a 5212.5 deck that is right hand discharge and put them in which works fairly well though the blades are shorter but the discharge hole is still on the left so heavy cutting tends to bog down on the right side where it naturally tries to push it out of the tractor.

If I cannot find a deck that will work I will try cutting an opening on right side and weld in some steel on the left to close the other side off but that is a lot of work and I hate destroying a good 48" deck that could go on one of my other machines if I can find one to fit the 416.

The deck from the 5212.5 has a much more convoluted pulley setup and the main drive pulley is offset to the left side so I could not easily make it work with the front PTO of the 416 and I would like to keep a good working deck for the 5212.5.

I am just having a lot of trouble find info for this A/C as there is no Simplicity equivalent in this series.

PhanDad

See this post for some info:

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=145417

You can also use the "Search the Forums" choice from the "Search" tab above and search for "right discharge" and you'll get lots of hits. Could be other posts with more info.

I also think I remember someone used a left discharge deck and made it fit as you describe but they welded up the left discharge and cut the right side open for normal discharge. I don't think there was any provision for a stone guard.

GWGAllisfan

There was a picture on here years ago, that I can't find now, where someone had added the PTO drive from a b-series to a 416, and drove a regular left discharge deck.