Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Fall project

SmilinSam

Been learning up on this thing since it rolled off my trailer into the shop yesterday..

DSCN0470_zpsxbwmvpzi.jpg

By the numbers its a 2001 Club Car Pioneer 900Nice utility vehicle...has a good size dump bed..

DSCN0472_zpsa0dgqiw1.jpg

Got a trailer hitch, nice suspension too..

DSCN0471_zpskbqddxxs.jpg

Was cheap, as its missing some parts:O

DSCN0473_zpsmhvf3xte.jpg

Very cooldOd Looks similar to my 2004 Club Car golfing cart. Some of the locals around here have been updating these with an 18 hp vanguard...:D

Lots of engine options will liven that thing up. The Vangaurds and Hondas have great reputations and cart retrofitting parts available. I went with a 23hp Vanny in mine. Hauls 4 adults and gear like there's no tomorrow....sips fuel too.

I always thought a little turbo diesel would be neat ;)

This thing may be quite a challenge..

Found the original engine pto shaft turns clockwise rather than counterclockwise like all the tractor engines I, and most all you guys, have.

The transaxle is geared to go faster in forward than reverse. It is also designeed to turn clockwise pulling the system. Don't know about trying to drive it counterclockwise??

To use a tractor engine in this application, one would have to drive the centrifugal clutch from the flywheel side which turns clockwise.

The only thing I can think of for options would be for a Kohler K series, where there were pto shafts that bolted to the flywheel. Those, however drove driveshafts like on the Deere 317. Don't know that such would handle a centrifugal clutch spinning out on it.???

Any suggestions?

Maybe a second gear driven shaft on pillow blocks somewhere to to reverse rotation?

Maybe the rear axle could be unbolted and turned around? I think that might reverse the drive, would have to check to see if it still oils right.

Maybe rig something with the planetary from a shuttle tractor?

Probably wouldn't last if you did a v-belt twisted 180.....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Bill725
    • gwiseman
    • Chris727
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts