Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cheap (as in inexpensive) oil

dhoadley

FWIW Mobil makes the O'Reilly oil. I have gotten to be a fan of the AMSOIL SAE30/10W-30 oil. At $8 per quart, it doesnt break the bank to change oil once a year.

I use the NAPA oil in everything I own, tractors, two cars, and a pickup. I have used it for years and never had a problem with it. Yes its made by Valvoline. I use different viscosity based on the vehicle recommendations.

Into ACE for a high speed cutting bit, and ran into a sale of both the store brand, various viscosity @ $1.99, and also Penzoil at decent prices.

I'm an Amsokl dealer and only I. old faithful do I run Amsoil at the moment. So far the others have just had 1 oil change maybe 2 and I buy whatever is cheapest that day!

Old faith ful gets the Amsoil OE 10w30 it's only 6. Something a quart

God I'd be afraid of that! Also they have changed the description of synthetics!

They now allow a Petroleom base and I believe it's considered a class 2 then and it makes it cheaper to make. However it still doesn't give the protection of a full 100 percent synthetic! Amsoil OE ( factory oil change recommendation hence OE) is a class two or whatever they call it! That's why they can sell it cheaper!

Also keep in mind that for the first time in years the 2D Diesel fuel is selling for less then gasoline and the price of lubricants is also starting to tank. Crude oil for the last 4-5 months has been bouncing around the $50/bbl. Gasoline is starting drop again and it is unknown where it will bottom out. API hasn't played VOODOO with lube oil specs as very large fleets of trucks would have API in court. A plain fact is that crude has dropped about 70% in value and the consumer is starting to benefit from it.