Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis 620 front PTO

structures

Just bought an Allis 620 off craigslist here locally. I believe one of the previous owners got rid of the front PTO and deck. I'd like to one day get a deck and PTO but for now I'm curious if anybody has a picture of there PTO removed? Curious if it will bolt up to this engine. There's been some rigging under the hood so I wasn't for sure if the engine has been swapped out some time in the past. Thanks for your help.

19741880070_3fe650152e_c.jpg

19308920493_9916f06a49_c.jpg

19767099188_c8fd7f9a02_c.jpg

The output shaft should be 2 3/4" long 1 7/16" dia. 3/8" keyway on a cckb for 620 allis

Your output shaft won't work for the correct PTO clutch. That is probably why the original PTO was missing.

Good luck Mike

It looks to be a CCKB, the crank shaft is from another application. My bet would be genset. You will need to change that to the OEM crank for our application. You should be sure the balls in the governor are used in every OTHER cage. In the genset, they have one in each cage. Does the charging system work? Don't know if the PO put all the components on from the OEM 620. lastly, you will want to be sure the air filter setup working. I have seen too many times owners trying to cut corners on the OEM filer to let dirt in & the result was a LOT more than the filter.

I just replaced the bearing in mine here are several pictures

clutch 001.JPG

clutch 002.JPG

bad bearing

clutch 003.JPG

clutch 004.JPG

these are all I have, meant to take more but got to busy to remember to photo them. Got bearing from Sandy Lake Imp. very pricey

57e061b0df411_clutch001.JPG.8f4d4549ea4e6e6a08477da432447f76.JPG

57e061b0f07ba_clutch002.JPG.df9440d68e1cbade0dad0b588511622a.JPG

57e061b10e20a_clutch003.JPG.4d2874e9210952ecfc7fd5d76443ca79.JPG

57e061b120298_clutch004.JPG.fb017da28f2c5268834956f931b57ac4.JPG

Thanks guys,

I wondered if that was a generator engine. Also this one doesn't have an oil filter on the right side (I think that's what I've seen on others).

isetta, I'm in the Tulsa, OK area and I would say not many come up around here. In 2 or 3 years of browsing craigslist this is the first 620 I've seen available. I did see a B10 come up not too long ago.

Can't decide if I want to repower or stick with the Onan. I'd like to swap a diesel in it, but my bank account says otherwise. Is the Onan relatively a good engine? I found this on ebay,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121447555143

but that seems pretty steep for a non running engine. Says it's for a generator but looks to have the correct shaft. There seems to be a lot of onan generators available here locally. Suppose if I browsed around I might find a cckb come available.

Structures, the Onan CCKB is a great engine and IMHO worthy of investing in if not totally beat. Your situation a little different as non stock and no front clutch capability.

quote:Originally posted by structures

Thanks guys,I wondered if that was a generator engine. Also this one doesn't have an oil filter on the right side (I think that's what I've seen on others).isetta, I'm in the Tulsa, OK area and I would say not many come up around here. In 2 or 3 years of browsing craigslist this is the first 620 I've seen available. I did see a B10 come up not too long ago.Can't decide if I want to repower or stick with the Onan. I'd like to swap a diesel in it, but my bank account says otherwise. Is the Onan relatively a good engine? I found this on ebay, http://www.ebay.com/itm/121447555143 but that seems pretty steep for a non running engine. Says it's for a generator but looks to have the correct shaft. There seems to be a lot of onan generators available here locally. Suppose if I browsed around I might find a cckb come available.

id="quote">
id="quote">