Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor Name Trivia

PhanDad

According to my Simplicity engine information manual. In 1993 with mfg. no. 1692160. That is if your referring to the name "Regent" and not a numbered tractor.

The name “Regent” in the means of a Simplicity model has been used since the late 70s. I have a 1979 Regent numbered 4111, but doesn't run right now. But if you are asking about the newer non-numbered Regents. Well, Simplicity made a 4000-based tractor in the late 80s? Early 90s. It basically looked like an all-orange 4212 with a more modern style hood. The hood resembled the Broadmoor line of that time.

And I thought this was going to be difficult; shows you how little I know about small frame Simplicities!From a 1978 (approx., not dated) Catalog I just got:

SimplicityRegent1a.jpg

SimplicityRegent1a.jpg.e3849ddaad6628d93f29abe706e8619e.jpg

Having both a '88 and a '90 4212G, oft times known as a "LT", only capable of front mounted accessories, until it evolved into the

5000 and 6200 series, where a rear PTO showed up.

It was limited by its gross weight, misplaced center of gravity, and lack of a true differential.

I concur with Bill's post above. My dad bought a "leftover" 4111 Regent in the fall of 1978.4108 and 4111 were both badged "Regent".

4111.jpg

quote:Originally posted by dentwizz

They seemed to like the medeval cast system didn't they? Regent-Sovereign-Landlord-Broadmoor-Serf-Yeoman. Go fig :D

id="quote">
id="quote">well they just wanted you to know they are cast ... iron ! lol good point though never thought of that