Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

phillobbezoo

So earlier this week a 2012 popped up for sale on cl. So I contacted Josh to get his thoughts on it and after talking to him I decided to venture out of my norm that consists of powermax's. A thrift store had it, and he said it came from an estate and it had belonged to the original owner. It ran pretty decent when I picked it up I got it home and pulled the carb and cleaned it up and it seemed to run a little better but the bowl gasket is junk now so I will be ordering a rebuild kit. Then I power washed it and now it don't run at all go figure,. It didn't have very good spark pulled the points cover off and it was full of water dried it out and has good spark now, but still won't start. I pulled the air cleaner and under the air cleaner is full of gas. So I'm assuming it's the carb? Like I said I'm a long way from what I'm use too so I'm sure I will be looking for some help, any way here's a few pics other then hydro lift its pretty standard or at least I think

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg.efa992a780fd07a84806dc6d534e183a.jpg

image.jpg.1c2c09490f579b6e9703ef82a68b879c.jpg

Or at least a pic it for some reason won't let me post a different pic with out changing the first one sorry

I saw that on Craigslist. Were they negotiable at all? Where are you? I'm about 30 min from Grand Rapids,28th at area

Yeah I got it for 400, I'm not sure yet if this will be a long term home for it or not, I like it so I'll see. I too live about 30 min from G.R, just south east of caledonia

wow...there are quite a few of us in the Grand Rapids area...no wonder its so hard to find a good deal on CL! :D

Yeah I know, when I conctacted josh the first time I was worried he already had it in his barn, but I never realized how many of us there were either, I think I did alright on it at $400, I called and put money down on it Wednesday night with out seeing it in person b/c I thought it would be gone by the time I got there Saturday morning. I had passed on a couple of b10's in the past b/c I was holding out for a simplicity

I was tempted....but I cant be the local tractor-hog ;)

I really like the 12hp roundhoods. You dont see many 2012s. I think you did real well. Easy to get out of if you change your mind, and plenty of lical mechanics if you hit a head scratcher.

There are a number of members around....should make for a good turnout at the BS session in September dOd Ive kicked around the idea of doing a little open house at home, and our local membership seems to be a little more involved as of late....

Yeah I think I did well too, and seeing how I can't seem to find a sickle bar for a powermax they seem to be around for these tractors. The carb kit should show up this week, so if I get my 9020 back together this week hopefully I will have time to get it going again this weekend. I do need a few things for like hood bolts any buddy have a few laying around? I'm going to try to make the bs session but depends on my wife's work schedule, but something as close as dorr would be a must as far as making time

Hey not change subject but,^ there's enough of you guys in Grand Rapids area to get bus, no excuse for anyone not to show. We're getting close so hope everyone can make it.

Back to why it wont run, make sure the wires coming out of the point cover aren't worn and grounding out. Try starting with the cover off.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• BLT
    • gwiseman
    • littlemarv
    • Bill725
    • Chris727
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts