Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydro lift need help!!!

sb64

Hi everyone, just picked up a 68 3012 parts tractor that had hydro lift. Thats the main reason i got it. I thought it would bolt right into my 64' landlord with manual lift (at the moment) Now i am lost, can someone post pics or a video of there hydraulic setup, where the cylinder is connected at each end? And before i get to carried away, will this even fit and work or am i just being hopeful? I know ill have to use the shorter drive shaft due to the extra pulley for the hydraulic drive. Any help is appreciated thanks

Also, if anyone knows what length the belt is for the pump that would be helpful.

Should bolt on the LL same as it unbolts from the Sovereign. The driveshaft yoke on the bgb input shaft is adjustable to allow for the pulley fitment.

Thanks for the replies, thise manuals helped alot, but i don't have the ram bracket that mounts to the bgb bolts, simplicity part # 157001 that's why I was lost as to where the other end of the piston mounted haha it is nowhere to be found on the other tractor because the bgb had been Removed by the previous owner. So that's the only thing stopping me

A while back in the winter I picked up a 3012 with a hydro-lift. I too just wanted it for the lift. It was about ready to be melted. So I brought it home with one rear wheel. Before I bought it I turned the pulley to make sure it was good, and the lift went up and down. So after a bunch of pounding on the 3212H to get the lift lever off, I put the hydro-lift on it. So I got a belt for it and sure enough it went up and down, but when I put the blade on it for snow removal, it wouldn't lift the blade8C. It was full of clean oil, so I took it back off. I tested the pump and it put out a pretty good ammount of pressure. So I looked at the cylinder and all of the seals were dried out and the rod needed cleaning.

So- if I were you I would test the system to see if it will work under pressure, not just going up and down, before you do all of the work putting it on.

Oh, and sorry to hear about the missing bracket.....that's too bad!wah

Thanks Chris Ill ask him that would be nice.

And i did try it by running the pump off my landlord pto, and it did not move the piston at all. I disconnected the hydraulic lines and it had very little pressure coming out of each port when i moved the lever. So i guess it will need some kind of rebuild? So i will tackle that asap.

Just a quick check, it does have oil in it? I'm not doubting your mechanical mind but just want to make sure.:D

Haha yeah its got oil In it but im hoping it is something that simple. when I get out of work I'll let you guys know what happens