Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Picked this beast

a_sannine

I usually don't get any thing but simplicity and Allis Chalmers, but couldn't say no to this beast , from one owner , repowered with M18 that runs like top , minor things need to be done to it champ , ton of power .

C-175

2zgye5z.jpg

The opposed twins in these last a lot longer than the ones in the Simplicity, Deere, and Cub applications because of the way they sit in the tractors.

Too bad you didn't get a 48" side discharge deck. They mow nicer.

If you ever break the plastic seat deck, the newer metal ones will bolt right ondOd

I used to be all Wheel Horse before Toro made me mad when my main tractor bit the dust and they quit making the "classic" stlye in hydros. That's when I switched to Simplicity and bought a new Soveriegn.

quote:Originally posted by SmilinSam

The opposed twins in these last a lot longer than the ones in the Simplicity, Deere, and Cub applications because of the way they sit in the tractors.Too bad you didn't get a 48" side discharge deck. They mow nicer.If you ever break the plastic seat deck, the newer metal ones will bolt right ondOdI used to be all Wheel Horse before Toro made me mad when my main tractor bit the dust and they quit making the "classic" stlye in hydros. That's when I switched to Simplicity and bought a new Soveriegn.

id="quote">
id="quote">What's the difference between the way the motor sits?

Originally posted by Simplicity7013H
quote:
id="quote">The jugs on the Simplicity, Deere, and Cub motors stick out the sides of the tractor with the pto shaft facing frontwards. The Wheel Horse has the pto out the side with the jugs to the front and back.The oil pick ups on the opposed twins are not centered in the block side to side, so when you mow sideways along a steep hill with Deere, Simplicity or Cub applications you can end up having the pick up sticking up out of the oil if the hill is steep enough with the wrong side of the engine pointing up. I don't remember which side of the block the pick up is on anymore. Been a long time since I had one of those apart.

The oil pick up on the KT and Magnum twins is right of center and in the front. So leaning right and downhill is good. Leaning left and uphill is bad.

• 3 months later...

FYI

Specs on the M18/M20 engines is:

Up to 35 degree angle both left and right.

30 degrees both front and back.

I think that the boxer twins held up better on the sideways tractors like the Wheel Horse is that they sucked at lot less crap into the flywheel fan and thus keep the cooling fins clean and cool.