Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Our Landlord 2210

BarryC

My father bought this for my parents in 1969. It's listed in my grandfather's ledger. The price was $1121.40 on November 8, 1969. It has the 42" mowing deck, which I assume it came with.

My grandfather and a neighbor later bought them the vacuum collector and trailer with high capacity frame and cover, the 36" rototiller, and the 36" snow blower.

I still mow their lawn with this rig.

In 2013 I had $960 worth of stuff done to the tractor and mowing deck. It was all routine stuff that I had been dealing with for years, and finally got tired of.

Some of what was done: new bearings and belt in the mowing deck. A new pulley or two. New PTO and starter/generator belts. New starter/generator. New voltage regulator. New tubes in 3 out of the 4 tires. The tires themselves are original.

I was without the tractor for a few months. I got it back in October and started mowing the grass, using the vacuum collector, which wasn't easy. Here are some pictures:

Well, I tried to upload a picture, which I had resized to 800X600, but it wouldn't do it.

I guess I can't upload any pictures of it. The only software I have is Paint. I resized a photo again, this time down to 640 X 480, but it was still over 100K, so it wouldn't upload. Oh well.

Make sure you are using alpha numeric titles such as BarryC or BarryC01 . Graphic symbols such as Barry$%&@! in you title will be ignored an not uploaded.

I got the message saying that my photo was too large (not the exact words). I think it was 175k. The limit is supposed to be 100K I think.

I don't think you can change the compression percentage in Paint for a .jpg image.

Easiest thing to do it use "resize" and lower the pixel count to less than 640 and save. Do this until the file size is about 100KB.

A smaller pic is better than no pic.

Or you could just buy a Nikon Coolpix L32 camera like I did, only way I could get picture on this site. Camera is set to reduce pics and all I do is take card out and put in computer. If I can do it anyone can.

Irfanview is another good resizer program and still free. I resize all of mine to 640 X 480 and they come out 100-120K, but the site always uploads them.

BarryC, email it to me and I will add to this post. I wrestled with them too but am doing well now. Happy to help with it. PM me or check my profile, I think my email is in there.

• 2 years later...

Here's a picture of the tractor, taken in 2013, during the mowing described above.
I forgot I had started this thread.
The site doesn't seem to have file size limits on photos anymore.

IMG_9310.JPG