Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
edlincoln

b112

edlincoln

Check craigslist this morning and this was on there for make a offer. I sent a email $150. About 30 min later they called come and get it. It had a blade and the wheel weights so I gave the old 80+ year old couple $250. Should of asked for a gallon of paint remover.

100_3306.JPG

100_3306.JPG.14b0dfbaefd2a2b7f77e0025110f5913.JPG

edlincoln

The lift linkage is connected, I had hoped to hold the deck up as far as possible so it would not get hung up rolling it off or on the trailer. Looks like the chain could be a link or 2 shorter.

I'll try getting it running over the weekend.

dhoadley
quote:Originally posted by 720nut

I'm not sure but could you use some paint remover to get down to original color? Thought I've heard of people doing that.

id="quote">
id="quote">I had a friend do that to a 60's VW to get back to the original paint but she used some kind of paste/rubbing compound. I don't think I would use paint remover. You'd quickly find bare metal.

edlincoln

I bought a big ten a while back and washed all the repaint off with gas. Never harmed the baked on original finish.

This B112 has a yellow repaint and the red and black. I think I'll try lacquer thinner.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Today's Birthdays

1. Ole Settler
      Ole Settler
      (72 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
    • thedaddycat

thedaddycat  »  SmilinSam

It's in pretty sad shape, but yes I have a yellow plastic cap that I'm fairly certain is what you need. PM me your details and I'll get it out to you.
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts