Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

b112

edlincoln

Check craigslist this morning and this was on there for make a offer. I sent a email $150. About 30 min later they called come and get it. It had a blade and the wheel weights so I gave the old 80+ year old couple $250. Should of asked for a gallon of paint remover.

100_3306.JPG

100_3306.JPG.14b0dfbaefd2a2b7f77e0025110f5913.JPG

It must have a stuck exhaust valve and the steering parts need to be removed a lubed. It was stored inside nothing is rusty. Gas tank is clean also. Seat is fiberglass outdoor chair?

The lift linkage is connected, I had hoped to hold the deck up as far as possible so it would not get hung up rolling it off or on the trailer. Looks like the chain could be a link or 2 shorter.

I'll try getting it running over the weekend.

I'm not sure but could you use some paint remover to get down to original color? Thought I've heard of people doing that.

quote:Originally posted by 720nut

I'm not sure but could you use some paint remover to get down to original color? Thought I've heard of people doing that.

id="quote">
id="quote">I had a friend do that to a 60's VW to get back to the original paint but she used some kind of paste/rubbing compound. I don't think I would use paint remover. You'd quickly find bare metal.

I bought a big ten a while back and washed all the repaint off with gas. Never harmed the baked on original finish.

This B112 has a yellow repaint and the red and black. I think I'll try lacquer thinner.

Tore the pedestal off to work on the steering. One of the fiberglass drive disc is shot. Someone screwed nuts on the bolts for the steering yoke, must have lost the round pivots.

100_3310.JPG

100_3310.JPG.2f38d27757c7387b02c066e30a56fbbd.JPG