Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Vac trailer ideas

isetta

Ok before fall have to make a new vacuum trailer with more capacity. Thinking about 4 foot wide and 3 foot high 5 foot long or so. Looking for lightweight material for the front back and sides. Seems like I saw plastic peg board in 4 x 8 sheets. What else could I use? Of course don't want to spend a lot of money and would be great if I could buy at a place like Menards :D

I am in the process of building a leaf vac trailer. I used one of those big white plastic totes that you pick up on Craigslist I think they are 120 gal. I split it down the middle and mounted on an agrifab 10 cu in trailer. I cant wait to try it out, I am working on the hose from the deck to the vac now.

quote:Originally posted by hoss5350

I am in the process of building a leaf vac trailer. I used one of those big white plastic totes that you pick up on Craigslist I think they are 120 gal. I split it down the middle and mounted on an agrifab 10 cu in trailer. I cant wait to try it out, I am working on the hose from the deck to the vac now.

id="quote">
id="quote">If the tote your talking about is 4 foot cube used in commercial applications, its about 600 gallons.

a3.jpg

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

This is my work in progress. I have sheet metal welded 6" up on the front and sides of the trailer box to bolt the tote to and a angle iron frame around the door. I cut the tote down the middle and bolted it together with about 6" overlap. It was very easy to work with and easy to assemble with minimal assistance.

a3.jpg.ffeb72652b163fb2d21ec415ce195d24.jpg

a1.jpg.82532d700d3a558023b4fc6c97c23786.jpg

a2.jpg.b86e7fcd1c4b75941fb1ea4061cc5805.jpg

I used the same tank to build my leaf collector. I put it on a cart with caster wheels mounted like a wide body cart. Holds a ton of leaves. I really like it but sits high enough its hard to see behind.