Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cozy Cab

acken

cab723.JPG

I have been wanting a hard cab for the snowblower tractor for some time. I found one about a month ago, and plan on putting it on my 919H. The tractor is going to get a new paint job, the cab was pretty decent, but not good enough on top of tractor with new paint. After sandbalsting it all, put epoxy primer on, and then the orange. This is the first time I have ever painted a cab, big or small. I can't say it was much fun getting into all of the corners inside. I plan on adding power steering to this tractor also (with assist from Josh).

cab723.JPG.27ae9a8d1cf29568f7f03cf67bdc70d2.JPG

quote:Originally posted by GregB

Change of topic, whose hoop frame are you using as the paint booth, been looking for a frame kit for my one narrow garden.

id="quote">
id="quote">It almost looks like a greenhouse, doesn't it?

Greg, I have access to a bender at work, and made the hoops myself. They are 4.5' radius, and I added 36" straight extension on bottom to get the height you see in picture. With the cab on cart I was none too high either.

I wanted the hard cab to get windshield wiper, and might try to figure out how to add heat. The current soft cab will probably go on the blade tractor (917).

Ken,

Beautiful job, now you can appreciate how Michelangelo felt laying on his back to paint a ceiling.LOL dOd

BTW Walmart used to sell a 12V plug in heater/blower (real low $) I'll see if the box is still laying around the garage...

I gave a 12V (15A?) heater a try in my legacy hardcab, and it does work to take the edge off, but draws a lot of juice, and youre not really blowing snow in a short sleeve shirt. It DOES work great to keep the fog off the windows. With a bigger charging system, it would probably come to life.

With a heater I would be afraid to overdraw the charging system. But would be nice. Have 2 soft cabs. I usually put a block of wood on top of the battery to prop the hood just a tad and Viola! You have hot air ! If I'm lazy, I can usually just plow in a sweatshirt and no gloves if I have the "heat" on.

4B116126.30%.JPG

Lloyd here is picture of 4WD,I will see if I can figure out how to put it in my profile. I have toyed with the idea of hanging my 5000 watt generator on the back to power a 110 volt heater in the cab:O.

57e061cfcc794_4B116126_30.JPG.6738bd6afddb74fad50f8895212063f5.JPG

quote:Originally posted by acken

4B116126.30%.JPG

Lloyd here is picture of 4WD,I will see if I can figure out how to put it in my profile. I have toyed with the idea of hanging my 5000 watt generator on the back to power a 110 volt heater in the cab:O.

id="quote">
id="quote">Ive seen that done...I thought I saw that here somewhere with a stand alone unit. That'd be the way to go Ken! Heck, then you could put the coffe pot right in there too. Maybe the nicrowave to heat up some breakfast burritos on long snow removal mornings.

I went down the heater road until I realized that I really didn't need one. Even on windy, -30F days, I was fine in my "run to town" slip on winter boots, a decent hoody, and mechanics gloves. My driveway is almost 100 yards and 35 yards wide in places, so it takes me a while to get it done. By the end of some of the colder days, I was starting to get fogging on my windows, but I never played with propping the hood up.

quote:Originally posted by Simplicity7013H

... I usually put a block of wood on top of the battery to prop the hood just a tad and Viola! You have hot air ! ...

id="quote">
id="quote">Elegant in its "simplicity"!:D