Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sleeve hitch on Agco (Legacy)

country

After recently acquiring my Agco 2020 and becoming shocked at the price of a 3 point hitch, I figured why not use what I already have, which is the sleeve hitch on my 917H. So, anyone ever put a sleeve hitch on their Legacy or equivalent Agco tractor? Seems like the hitch mount would be a lot easier to make than an entire 3 point hitch.

Thanks for the link. Still missing the part of the hitch to attach it to the tractor? Anyone have plans on how to fabricate one?

My best short term option is to figure out how to use my sleeve hitch.

RayS builds repop 3pts for these that many folks are using with great feedback. I have tried his and they are top notch for less than half the cost of oem.

I have spoken with RayS, and it's still a lot more than I'm able to spend on it for quite some time.

Making a hitch mount for the sleeve hitch is by far my easiest solution, I was just hoping I wasn't the first and that someone else may have had a set of plans already. Nothing like plowing into new territory (pun intended, I need to sell my 917H and front blade to get the legacy front blade in the classifieds.)

I just don't know how a fabbed from scratch rear lift and drawbar of any quality would end up being much easier or cheaper than a 3pt. Instead of off-the-shelf arms, you need to fabricate a lower drawbar and lift. You would still need a similar upper drawbar with rockshaft and lift bracket, as well as a method to attach it to the tractor's implement lift. You can use sleeve hitch attachments with a 3pt, but you cannot use 3pt attachments with a sleeve hitch.

Does anyone know if a Sunstar rear hitch for something like a vac unit, would fit a Legacy?

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

I just don't know how a fabbed from scratch rear lift and drawbar of any quality would end up being much easier or cheaper than a 3pt. Instead of off-the-shelf arms, you need to fabricate a lower drawbar and lift. You would still need a similar upper drawbar with rockshaft and lift bracket, as well as a method to attach it to the tractor's implement lift. You can use sleeve hitch attachments with a 3pt, but you cannot use 3pt attachments with a sleeve hitch.Does anyone know if a Sunstar rear hitch for something like a vac unit, would fit a Legacy?

id="quote">
id="quote">C'mon Josh,it ain't that hard.If I can build one,anyone can.A couple pics and if someone is serious,I'll drag the tractor out and get better pics and measurements.002_zpsf3741e6a.jpg003_zps0644d78e.jpg002_zpsa50d88f9.jpg001_zpsa37f42c9.jpg

I didnt say a guy couldnt build it....just saying the effort and design is already 80% of a 3pt, but with less capability and value. I would find it tough not to go all the way.

Here is a Sunstar tear hitch/drawbar I have. Im pretty sure this bolts right on the rear of a Legacy. If a guy added an upper rockshaft and fabbed a lift bar to the lift cylinder, you would be ready to accept a sleeve hitch. The lower mount points are the samme dimensions as a Sovereign drawbar, so a Sovereign sleeve hitch would fit.

20150903_065154.jpg

20150903_065213.jpg

quote:Originally posted by 720nut

2nd picture is that a sort of tiller with 2 motors? couple neat attachments, more detail please. Thank you

id="quote">
id="quote">Yes,that's a twin screw reverse tine tiller I built for the Kubota back in '09. More details here; http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/142650-homebrew-kubota-twin-screw-sleeve.html?highlight=

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

I didnt say a guy couldnt build it....just saying the effort and design is already 80% of a 3pt, but with less capability and value. I would find it tough not to go all the way.Here is a Sunstar tear hitch/drawbar I have. Im pretty sure this bolts right on the rear of a Legacy. If a guy added an upper rockshaft and fabbed a lift bar to the lift cylinder, you would be ready to accept a sleeve hitch. The lower mount points are the samme dimensions as a Sovereign drawbar, so a Sovereign sleeve hitch would fit.

id="quote">
id="quote">I know what you're saying but,in my situation I don't have room for more attachments,plus the extra expense for duplicates.The bigger tractor handles sleeve stuff like they're toys-I like it.

I have the lower piece of the sleeve hitch, but no attachments to use it with. I only need to accommodate the upper piece of the hitch. Taking that into consideration I'm think it's far less than 80% of the mount for the 3 point hitch.

• 1 month later...

I finished the rear upper lift for my Agco. Turned out pretty decent. The 1" rod with 4ft of chain attached is not shown in the first pic.

piclift.jpg

It's first major lift duty: 15ft of railroad rail. Sounds heavier than what it is, I'm guessing about 300-400lbs.

picrail.jpg

No problem with that at all!

piclift.jpg.b5cffe038d80ac0dad1fc6e310640af9.jpg

picrail.jpg.e943e9460ece6f480ced28e98f57ce1f.jpg

LOL, certainly not starting my own rail line. It started as a 30ft piece that I cut in half. Using it to make a walking bridge over the small creek between my lake lot and bro-in-law lot. Have 2 steel tube cross pieces to weld at the ends. The big challenge us trying to straighten the bow in the rail hanging from the tractor.

I have it sitting in my clearing with the ends against two trees. Plan is to make a couple inch dirt burm around the bow, dump in lot of charcoal, and build a fire to get a pile of hot coals around it to hopefully heat it up enough I can straighten it. Plan to use a chain come-a-long or a tractor with loader.

• 9 months later...

Talntedmrgreen, do you want to sell the Sunstar rear hitch/drawbar you showed a picture of? I'm trying to add a sleeve hitch to my Sunstar.

Jim

Jim I have a second hitch that is very similar and does have the sleeve hitch mounts. PM me if youre interested....it needs a good home!

20160715_193859.jpg

20160715_193904.jpg