Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydro Lift Conversion

Fritz

Is it possible to swap just the hydro lift pieces from a 71xx or 91x series tractor on to the same type of hydro transmission in a manual lift 71xx or 91x series tractor? Is so, has anyone had any issues using the hydro lift with a 12 hp 7112 or 912? Thanks.

I did it into a 7116 with a kit off ebay...no idea what it was out of. If somebody doesn't beat me to it, I have the link bookmarked with all the instructions and the breakdown on the shims. I had O'reilly auto make the hoses and I was able to located the hard lines from a parts house.

One or or so of the early models didn't offer hyd lifts, so the provision of the lift handle on left side and the bolt holes for lift valve might not be there.

HydLiifHandleM.jpg

Swapping the hydro lift "pieces" is the easier part. Unless you also swap the hydro charge pump, you have to change set pressures, etc.

A couple posts about the hydraulic lift install, there are more but I can't find them atm:

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/27497-hydraulic-lift-for-7112h/

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/38280-sovereign-allis-900-hydraulic-lift-plumbing/

And a thread on setting the pressures, the main challenge when adding the hydrolift:

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/37699-calibrating-hydro-pump-pressure-on-917h/

Edited by PhanDad
Fixed Links
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
20 minutes ago, bsadler said:

What happened to all the URL links on this website?

If you will change simpletractors.com with simpletractors.net in that URL address, it will take you to the correct link on the OLD site.

All the URLs changed in this new software since they were created numerically in sequence, not based upon title or content. That sequence is not the same in this different database...

• 10 months later...

Hah!  Wish I'd found this thread two weeks ago.  My buddy Tracy helped me install hydraulic lines on my 7116H. 

I had most of the parts from a seller on Ebay.  One thing missing from the ebay kit were the elbows that attach to the body of the Sunstrand:  Part # 1675789SM, available at Parts Tree and probably others.  Wish I could find a generic model.

Anyhow, the hardest part was threading the long hydraulic lines in first from the front right of the tractor, only to find it impossible. We threaded them from the front left with success, but this part took about an hour.

Anyhow...

Edited by JohnFornaro
typo