Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
StinKy

"NT" ugly truck

JimV
Hi Dick, I think it looks good.I bet it would be good for deer hunting way out on those logging roads out your way. You gotta have headers and duals on it, not to mention a NRA sticker and a gun rack.LOL

StinKy
Finally able to get photos on discussion! I made a mental note I wanted to contribute to BradW's ugly truck post (#5759) back in Dec 01. Really would'nt have had to use the "NT" cause this old girl is my tractor hauler. It's an '80 4X4 with 300 cu in six. She also does double duty as wood skidder when the logs are too big for the Landlord. Dick http://image.photoloft.com/opx-bin/OpxFIDISA.dll?src=/PhotoLoft/Asset18/2002/02/03/8925/8925355_0_7756.fpx,0,0,1,1,164,123,FFFFFF

Dutch
Dick, I don't know. It looks pretty good from here !

StinKy
Jim, have been curious about headers or split exhaust manifold for that engine. Probably not much benefit unless ya put some more goodies in along with the headers. Yes to the NRA sticker and gun rack. Guess I fit the "redneck" lifestyle pretty good, but I do have all of my front teeth yet! Ha Ha! BTW the trend here in northern Pa. is leasing large tracts of timber company land for hunting. It's been about 10 years since I cruised any log roads. I'm a native of this area and must admit I"m irked at being shut out of land I've hunted for 30 years. My favorite spot was recently closed off in a 2,300 acre lease. The waiting period for getting in that lease is 3 to 5 yrs and then you pay $250 per yr. Are we having fun yet?? There is ample state game land nearby but this leasing thing has driven many people who otherwise hunted leased areas to the state land and it's getting crowded---that makes me nervous especially on opening day for deer Dick

JimV
Hi Dick,that is ashamed to hear . Your state always had a great reputation for whitail hunting.Here in R.I. it is getting harder to get private land to hunt and the state land gets heavy preasure. I lost my best piece of private land this year, the people sold it to yuppies and they got real nasty when I approached them about hunting it again this year.I think I am pulling a Conn. tag next year, besides they also have more birds also.