Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 727 Lights

dconklin006

So I went to try my headlights on my Simplicity 727 (Tractor is new to me) and got nothing. I checked the fuses and wiring all seemed good. I guess I need new lights, the light seems to be one whole unit with 2 bulbs in it?? Where would I find a replacement?

Thanks,

Dan

If you are aiming for a worker and not so much a show unit, a similar impression is available with the Harbor Frieght rubber housed work light. They are usually around 8-12 dollar range, around 18-20 elsewhere. The benefit is you can bump them into shrubbery and they just bounce back(unlike the metal guide brand lights).

If they are the OEM lights they will say "Guide" on the back and they have a single bulb in each light. The bulbs run around $8-10 each. If they are guides do not throw them away. They are desirable even for parts.

If you're not concerned about it being original, you might check these lights out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111437049814?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I put them on both my snow tractors. I have a 727 with a homemade cab, and a B-208 with a blade. These lights are VERY bright. Much brighter than stock. They don't draw much juice from the battery either.

If you are using a sealed beam type like a 4411, both terminals need to be connected, one to power and one to ground. That particular bulb is not polarity sensitive.

Wow. I will be looking into a set of those led units for my HBsm01 The neighbor commented when I was mowing the other day "Dude! that's some manly headlights:D on the B12." He didn't even see them at night...