Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

my 4040

rpickle

Nice tractordOd, I have to admit though that's quite a muffler setup. Have you tried changing the filter and oil? My 620 acted up and I took Wix filter off and put a Baldwin filter on and seems to fixed it.

Yes,mit had a Fran on it. Changed the fluid and filter (Napa). Still the same. The engine runs and sounds great. Not sure when the cckb was swapped in for ccka, but glad of it!

Hi Dave. Thx. Have a thread started in talkin tractors. I am pretty sure the shaft that drives the drop-down from the tranny is worn.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts