Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Carb Problem

Glenn_Galle

I have finished the restoration of my 914H. Now lI am starting to work on a B210 a good friend gave me. Took off the tank and the carb took out the 4 screws on top of the carb and tried to separate the top from the bottom. It will separate by a 1/16th of an inch and no further even with a screwdriver tip to help pry. Is there something holding it I don't know a bought? It is a Briggs engine.

Glenn

I believe you need to unscrew the tube that goes in from the bottom before you can separate it. If you have the engine numbers, go to Briggs site and download the manual for the engine. It will show you the carb in exploded view with all the pcs. If I remember right, if you force it apart you will bend the tube.

Steve

Steve is right on the button. The emulsion tube extends from the high speed jet into the throat of the carb. And to remove the upper body of

the carb, has to be removed. This is to be done carefully with the proper sized screwdriver, so as not to damage the seat.

I believe there are numerous tutorials on YouTube covering this subject.

• 2 weeks later...

And if you bent beyond further use, your lawnmower parts folks will likely try to sell you a newer engine when you try to buy the tube. The biggest lawnmower parts store for many miles is not on my list because of that situation. I have a good one now that makes special orders without prepay, like their sign says.

Here is a series of videos from our fellow member and good friend Zippo Varga

It goes through the carb and should show you everything you need to know.

Pt. 1:

Pt. 2:

Pt. 3:

quote:Originally posted by MrSteele

And if you bent beyond further use, your lawnmower parts folks will likely try to sell you a newer engine when you try to buy the tube. The biggest lawnmower parts store for many miles is not on my list because of that situation. I have a good one now that makes special orders without prepay, like their sign says.

id="quote">
id="quote">I got an Amish gentlemen who gives me good prices on parts and can order anything I need. He specializes on older stuff so, he usually has what I need in stock. You never know what a pizza now and then does to prices:D

quote:Originally posted by Simplicity7013H

I got an Amish gentlemen who gives me good prices on parts and can order anything I need. He specializes on older stuff so, he usually has what I need in stock. You never know what a pizza now and then does to prices:D

id="quote">
id="quote">Keep that relationship!

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

Amish eating pizza?? :OIs nothing sacred anymore!|)

id="quote">
id="quote">They drink beer around here, so pizza is going to hurt anything.