Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

620/powermax loader guys

mwells

Hi guys, I have a 620 and am looking at putting a loader for it, but was wondering what the differences are in the ark 600 and 700 loaders, and the danco loader. Is there a better built one? More lift capacity? Which ones easiest to take on and off? Any frame strength issues? Thanks!

When it comes to the ark loaders, the 700 is the better loader for sure. The sub frame is much stronger and the front support in the front between the arms is much heavier as well then the 600, I've seen one danco in person and it looked very well built, as far as installing and removal I don't think either is all that easy imo

Phils right I have Danco and not an easy task to install and remove. A few months back we all met at Phils and compared the three looders, I don't recall the actual name on the post but it shows all three loaders together. Believe Rick (isetta) and Ken (maxwood) both posted pictures.

I have the Ark 700. Was not bad to install at all with one person provided you have the loader stands & a floor jack. The instructions in the System 900 (Ark 700) loader manual are pretty spot on.

According to the Brantly literature, they also made a front end loader for the Powermax tractors as well, but I have never seen one.

My advise to you is grab what you can find no matter which one it is. They aren't coming down in price & aren't easy to find IMO.

Thanks for the insight!! Sounds like the danco would be best for work but if you want the paint to match a 700 would be nice. I suppose Brantley made loaders for them to match there backhoe?

Mike mine is completely rebuilt new pump and all, will lift rear of tractor right off ground

Mike found post by isetta and bumped it up for ya Chew and Chat posted on 5-30-15 very good pictures of all three loaders

Mike, I have both the 600 and 700 and agree with all the other comments. Phil is spot on about mounting etc. If you are so lucky to find a 700, buy it. I have seen way more 600s than 700s and the 600 is still a very good serviceable unit. The cylinders on the 600's and perhaps some early 700s are just a snap ring to separate the rod from the cylinder. I'd be happy to snap pics of details on either unit if you would like to see anything in particular.

• 1 month later...

isetta,

How to remove pin that attaches bucket to lift arm? I have the capture plate off the outside but not sure if pin then drives out from inside toward outside. Anyone have a picture of this pin that could email to me. My email is: mnoonan42@gmail.com

Thanks,

Mike

Here's what my Ark 700 has for that connection. Some Ark 700's may not have this and have the same pin setup as the 600. Pins only, no plate or grease fittings on the bucket.

ark700bucketpin1.jpg

ark700bucketpin2.jpg

ark700bucketpin1.jpg.aa9eeecb49145d048b4126f07e032142.jpg

ark700bucketpin2.jpg.3efceb05ad41e3ffeccac2d8485838d7.jpg

Thank you very much for the pictures. They are exactly what I have but the capture plates were sheared off and the pin was rusted solid to the bushing in the frame arm. A torch was used to heat up the bushing and in 10 minutes we had both bucket pins driven out with an air hammer.

Thanks again,

Mike

Lloyd,

The pins seem like an OK system but one needs grease probably more than what mine were. Mine didn't even have the grease zerks in.

Mike

Mike, I built new pins with grease fittings and all. I cut a small groove in side of pin to allow grease to spread length of the pin seems to be working real well. can get pictures if you desire.

Mike, here's a couple pictures of my pins

pins 001.JPG

pins 002.JPG

I bored 1/2 way thru then cross drilled them then took die grinder w/cutoff wheel a made slot so as to get grease to both ends of pin. And yes I agree that if you don't grease often they will seize. I know there not original but believe they work much better.

57e062105123a_pins001.JPG.cad46ca0d1611a0faf63ca5adac976f4.JPG

57e062105e28b_pins002.JPG.5dd7df4078cfaa782651c266a4d6fc49.JPG