Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Vacuum blower

isetta

Building a new vacuum unit, hopefully in time for this falls leaves. Better to put the engine / blower unit on the back of the tractor or on the front of the trailer?

Thanks John, I just got done searching the forums, always forget to do that. Some really good discussion out there about where to mount the unit. Leaning toward mounting the engine on the 3 pt hitch

Rick, If you look at all vacuum trailer there mounted on the trailer. The trailer you got worked really well and one less item to install or remove, pretty simple just to hook up hose and go. I believe the best would be on trailer with a unit like my Exmark on the deck to lot of moving parts though. Just my $.02

I have a vacuum on my ariens GT17 it mounts on the rear of the tractor and runs of the pto and can use a 10 bushel bag or a trailer. The vacuum works good but I normaly just go over the lawn twice with the 620 to get rid of the leaves.

I have found various vacs to work best, the closer to the deck as possible. They seem to blow/push the debris then, vs suck/pulling on it. Less stuff gets a chance to settle and either escape the deck or plug the chute and tube.

The aftermarket setups probably mount the vac to the cart to simplify use. I'm sure they work fine either way, with enough suck-age.

Newby here.I recently picked up a Deutz-Allis 1920 (Simplicity SunStar) with a blower & trailer. Blower hooks on the back of the tractor & driven off the PTO, trailer hooks on behind the blower.

DSC01230.JPG

DSC01229.JPG

DSC01230.JPG.ea8498f66e03391eb9bb23b1fe358af5.JPG

DSC01229.JPG.8bd38960a81d64f72dac2d23401d9c59.JPG

Yep, going on a Powermax. Got a complete trailer from Lloyd and today I set my engine/ blower unit on it and all the tubing lines up very nicely. Should be sucking up leaves in a week or so.....

Mine haven't even thought of falling yet. With cold and all beginning to think it's going to be a early season.Was to Caddilac yesterday and leaves just starting to change

personally im a pto driven fan. I like the fact that my machines always run year round vs playing with another engine once a year with a gummed up carb or something. Another thing is I have multiple tractors so if one isnt running I hop on another. Man That sunstar leave vac is cool!!

I agree on having too many carbs to keep clean. Just add up how many tires you have once and that will surprise you too. I wish I had a PTO option to consider but already have the engine and blower just looking for a new home on the back of the POwermax :D

On a biker forum I belonged to we had a "Cylinder Index"; how many cylinders of all the engines we had, added up. Kinda shocking once you get them counted up! (I'm at 48, counting the licensed vehicles; 16 non-licensed, plus 6 non-running.)

As for "another carburetor gummed up", the solution is simple: Stabil!

I use it year-round in all my small engines ever since some month-old gas failed to fire. Year-old gas now fires up like fresh, never have had a gummed-carb problem since.

I like the cylinder index...Lets see...4 single cyl tractors, a V8 in my boat, V6 in the truck, and a 4 in my wife's car, 4 in my motorcycle...Plus 1 each in my leaf blower, chain saw, push mower, and generator

30...all running! No wonder I'm busy all the time.

Hahaha... That's kind of a neat idea. At a quick count I have 20 in the garage.

... and 34 more in the shop. If I started counting spare engines, I'm not sure where I would land!

No pics but some headway. Trial fit my engine / blower on the tongue of your trailer and all the piping will fit up nicely. Need to weld up some new wider mounts. Modified that deck adapter and it will work nicely. Too many mother in law projects getting in the way now sm02