Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Turf Defender

PhanDad

My guess would be commercial or golf course hydro driven. Those use hydraulics to drive everything, decks, out riggers, drive, lifts, etc. Something off of a hydro system like that I would guess.

Noted on their "Ground Master" web ad.

"Leak Detection

Toro offers the dependable Turf Guardian® leak detection technology for the riding greens mowers to alert operator if a leak occurs.

Standard on the 3150, optional on the 3250. NA for 3050, 3100."

iirr, it measures fluid level in the hydraulic reservoir. if it drops quickly, indicating a leak, it would disengage the hydraulics. hopefully this would allow you to get the mower off the green before you killed any grass.

didn't always work well. the pump would shut down and the reels stopped turning but residual pressure bleeding off and gravity conspired to leave a trail of oil across the green/fairway. between the oil being toxic and the oil being HOT,for the next month or so there would be areas of dead grass.

(I suggested using veggie oil to minimize the toxicity but it cost more and wasn't covered by the warranties)