Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My "new" toy - Deutz-Allis 1920

Hick

Picked this up out of some trees, rough condition, hadn't run for a few years. Figured it would be a big project, and I'm about "projected out"! It came with a vac/blower & cart, which I have no interest in. (It's on the Classifieds, if I can mention that here?)One day decided to see if it would run.Battery in, cranked over.Poured gas down the intake, fired up!Hooked gravity tank to intake of fuel pump, started & ran!!(getting excited here, since I figured I'd have to pull the carb!)Poured gas into the tank, changed fuel filter, fired it up!!! Won't idle, but runs good enough to find out:Hydro tranny is fully functionalBrakes work (important!)Hydraulics work.Now, what are these two levers on the back right side? Downloaded an owner's manual. Cool! Differential lock, and high-neutral-low shift. Wait a minute. Someone made a cover for the tunnel, and failed to cut a slot for the shifter; permanently in low range! Took cover off, all works good. The tires were badly weather checked from sitting in the ground to the point they would not hold air. I put tubes in them just to get by to see if everything works. This looks like it will be a great utility tractor to have around. Already planning to build a loader for it. Already ordered panels for the cowl. They are Simplicity, but the price was right! It has a 60" deck, very rough. May eventually fix it up. Right now my mower tractor is a 1980 JD 216 with a 4' deck. The extra width would be nice for the 2 acres we have.

4-25-15 Right.JPG

4-25-15 Left.JPG

57e05a936aaa7_4-25-15Right.JPG.29aa20853138243dbbc9d89107a991fd.JPG

57e05a93f199d_4-25-15Left.JPG.20478def222ccd2287117eb4e205e5d5.JPG

First purchase should be tin for left cylinder/head before you overheat and damage the engine. Otherwise looks like a good start to a fine tractor...Dave

quote:Originally posted by B10Dave

First purchase should be tin for left cylinder/head before you overheat and damage the engine. Otherwise looks like a good start to a fine tractor...Dave

id="quote">
id="quote">Yep, noticed that! Have some sheet aluminum I'll use to make a cover until I get the right one.

Got the panels today. Seriously thinking of painting the tractor Allis Orange, since my favorite tractor on the farm was an Allis 7060.

DA 192.jpg

57e061ee3053f_DA192.jpg.439069f995a05c6b13309e7373e0d70e.jpg

quote:Originally posted by B10Dave

id="quote">
id="quote">HOLY GUACOMOLE!!!!!!Just looked on Kohler's parts list. $103 for that shroud!!!!Guess I WILL be making one!!!!