Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowblower 917h

Britt

Been looking for a snowblower and hitch assembly for my 917H. I think there several options that might fit but I was wondering if anyone out there new the model number for the snowblowers and hithces that would work on a 917 allis or 7117 simplicity.

Thanks,

1690548 is one blower head that will workm others will too. The hitch is the important part, and I am not sure of the hitch part number, someone will chime in. However, you are looking for a single pulley hitch as shown here:

blower hitch.jpg

Note that when running off of the center PTO on your 917, the idler pulley needs to be in the proper hole. There are two holes for the idler pulley, one for the deck and one for front attachments. They are kind of self explanatory as to which lines up better for each application.Good luck and welcome to the club!P.S> If you were closer, I'd sell ya this one.:D

57e061f6c756d_blowerhitch.jpg.6f6ee9510fce3d0e6230bba01c37dd9e.jpg

As stated by Bill725, the single pulley hitch "bracket only" is part #1666785; it's available from RayS as Simplicity7013 stated.

The whole "hitch kit" is mfg #1690557; it includes the bracket, pulley, entire lift rod, etc.

Also, any snow blower head made for a RBT will work with your tractor. The older FDT snow blower heads can be made to work with some modifications.

For the single pulley hitch, make sure the snow blower head driven pulley hub faces away from the drive chain for proper belt alignment. The older snow blower heads made for the front PTO driven 2 pulley hitch have the driven pulley hub mounted toward the drive chain.

quote:Originally posted by PhanDad

For the single pulley hitch, make sure the snow blower head driven pulley hub faces away from the drive chain for proper belt alignment. The older snow blower heads made for the front PTO driven 2 pulley hitch have the driven pulley hub mounted toward the drive chain.

id="quote">
id="quote">This is an easily overlooked but important piece of advise. I have a 7016 with front PTO for the blower and a Sovereign 18 with the center of course. I have mounted my older blower on both tractors ( I have a two pulley and a single pulley hitch) but it is vitally important to flip that driven pulley over to get the proper belt alignment on each application. Don't ask me how I know!!

Another thing I have learned, re the pulley having two holes settings, I guess I have been lucky, all i have been running, snow blowers, decks and sickle have run on the same hole setting. but i don't know which setting! have to take a look.

• 5 weeks later...

I appreciate all the information and I think i finally found one that will work. I bought a green model 1691157 that i think crosses over to a 1690548 with a 1690557 hitch. This came off a 7119 but looks like it will fit right on my 917H with mid mount pto. I will try to install everything this week and see how things match up. Might have a few more questions later but i know where to go.... Thanks again for all the help. this is a great site!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. New to this forum. Looking for the guy who makes the single pulley snowblower hitch. I need one for my 7018H. Getting ready for winter and falling behind. I hope someone can help me. Thanks Jesse

Also wondering for the guys who have the mid pto driven blowers how they work or if there is a belt slipping problem even with the right tension. I might need some input with the pulley setup for the mid pto when I do get a hitch. Thanks

I make the hitch. It is a single pulley hitch for 900 series Allis and 7100 series Simplicity to run off of the mid PTO. Your tractor is a 7018H which would have used a PTO on the front of the engine. Not sure if you have that or not. They usually are not cheap when you find them and that set used a double pulley hitch.If you want to use a single pulley hitch off of the mid PTO. You may consider changing your left hand side plate that fastens the bevel gear box to the transmission to a 7100 series side plate. Your 7018H does not have the pulley bracket welded to the side plate like on a 7100 series. You will also need a 7100 series swing arm. It has the extra tab to mount the pulley at the correct angle going to the blower head. These parts would be cheaper than a front PTO and a 2 pulley hitch.Below is a link to my hitch in the classifieds. I may have a spare side plate and swing arm. You can get in touch with me through a private message.http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/classDetail.asp?id=33888

900side.jpg

The picture above shows the difference between your side plate and a 7100 series that is needed to make it work off of the mid PTO. Also you would need a 4" - 5" shorter belt for the 7018H since it is 2" - 2-1/2" shorter between the bevel gear box and the front axle on a 7100 series. The 7100 series belt is 1/2" X 147.1" long.

900ghgh.jpg

here is the correct swing arm.

900side.jpg.1eb948669c1aab6a047c8ba9867ae053.jpg

900ghgh.jpg.2a2b6782878eba73dbb5a90cd22293ac.jpg

What I need is all the info and parts to convert it to mid pto. I am not real familiar with the pulley setups on the 7100 series. Do you have any pictures you could show me of the correct parts I will need to do the job. Or possibly someone that has a 2 pulley hitch for front pto. I can get a front pto for mine for 125 dollars from a local guy. Just no luck with the hitch. RayS I tried to pm you but wouldn't let me for some reason.

quote:Originally posted by Jessehite2010

Also wondering for the guys who have the mid pto driven blowers how they work or if there is a belt slipping problem even with the right tension. I might need some input with the pulley setup for the mid pto when I do get a hitch. Thanks

id="quote">
id="quote">The mid pto setup works well. With a good belt, it will pull my diesel engine down without slipping.

• 5 years later...

Hello,

I have a 917H and would like to add a 42 snow blower.  It does have a front PTO shaft.  I do not understand the mid PTO option that you discussed above.  Any suggestions for locating a complete unit?

Thank you,

Steve Franks

Galax,  VA

@saflab1279,

I believe the 917H has the components to power a snowthrower from the mid-PTO. If not, then per the pictures above, the (2) major components needed to convert to the mid-PTO option are the LH side plate, P/N 1671667 and the pivot arm assembly, P/N 1666781. Both are available on eBay. You may also need both pulleys and spacers along with hardware i.e. bolts, washers & nuts. Download a reference IPL from simplicitymfg.com using the late model Sovereing mfg no. 1693409.

Bill is correct, the 917 as built came with components to drive from Cone clutch side PTO.

42" blower head, single pulley mounting set-up and a Long belt.  Size escapes me.

You also have to move the idler pulley to the locating tab that the mower does not use.

It changes the alignment of the drive belt to the blower.

There should also be a color guide sticker on the assembly to help set the tension correctly, probably have to rub off the dirt and grease to see it though. I did.

As stated above, there are many snow blower heads that will work, but I'd get one made for a RBT and stay away from one made for a FDT (the tunnel is different).   And some RBT need the driven pulley turned so the hub is away from the drive chain (to the right as viewed sitting on tractor).

Keep checking Craigslist, FB MarketPlace, eBay - this is the time of year they get listed.  But better deals are had in the spring.  

12 hours ago, saflab1279 said:

I do not understand the mid PTO option that you discussed above. 

Belt routing (from operators manual):

image.png.1262308b6e443945296dad7bb5258e07.png