Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
banjo

HYD LIFT

banjo
My B-110 HYD lift will not pickup my 4 year old with JOHNey bucket but will pick up the frount of the tractor with down PIS.

Kent
Mark, Both my tractors have more down-pressure than lifting capacity it seems. But, they'll still pick up 200 lbs or so in the Johnny Bucket. Other than checking the fluid (actually 30W oil) level, I can't help you troubleshoot it, though. Kent

dlcentral
She needs a ''hi perf.'' kit put in it I do that here.Mine will now pick up 2-200 lb. men plus the dog!,,

John_RI
I would think that if you have excess down pressure that you could load your rear lift to counter-balance the front bucket to the point just before where you couldn't lower the bucket. Depending on linkages, every pound you add to the back may increase your bucket lift by a pound. John(ri)

Woodydel
A while back I posted a reply concerning a cheap hydraulic setup for one of our members. The thing brought to mind from this discussion is the guy could sit on this plow and be lifted off the ground with ease. This was with the hydraulics off of a convertible! Somethings not right here.. Just notice this guys mention of lifting a full grown man. Woody[A href='http://www.geocities.com/wjbaker1/hydlift.html']http://www.geocities.com/wjbaker1/hydlift.html[/a]

Dutch
I know nothing about the B-110 hydraulic system specifically. But, the following generic troubleshooting procedure should work. Before testing the hydraulics, check all mechanical connections. The cylinder must cycle fully (in & out) without rubbing, hitting, or binding against the frame or other linkage. Mounting brackets must be tight. Observe cylinder rod for bends. Control valve linkage must also be free of binding and operate valve fully. Control valve linkage joints must not have any play. To perform a very basic hydraulic test: REMEMBER TO KEEP YOUR HANDS CLEAR & USE SAFETY BLOCKS STAY CLEAR OF HOSES WHEN OPERATING - 1000 PSI CAN INJECT OIL UNDER YOUR SKIN 1. Disconnect both hoses at the cylinder. 2. Screw pressure gauge on end of either hose. 3. Operate control valve and note pressure reading. 4. Screw pressure gauge on end of other hose. 5. Operate control valve and note pressure reading. 6. Both pressure readings should be the same (1000 PSI for a b-110) 7. If pressure readings are not the same, problem is probably in control valve or internally collapsed hose. 8. If pressure is too low, relief valve may need adjusting, or control valve or pump could be worn. KEEP FLUID RESERVOIR FULL DURING FOLLOWING 9. Re-connect one hose to cylinder. 10. Operate control valve. 11. After residual fluid is expelled, no fluid should come out the other cylinder opening. 12. If fluid comes out , the cylinder is leaking past the seals internally. 13. Dis-connect the hose again. 14. Re-connect the other hose to cylinder. 15. Operate control valve. 16. After residual fluid is expelled, no fluid should come out the other cylinder opening. 17. If fluid comes out, the cylinder is leaking past the seals internally. Remember, lifting ability may not be equal to down pressure due to mechanical leverage. Also, the piston side of a cylinder will produce more force than the rod side due to area exposed to hydraulic pressure.