Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Harvest--icluding Honey

MPH

Wow, where did this year go? Stopped for very few pics.My sis on the 725 tillig.

9.2RitaTilling.jpg

Thought I took one tilling under the broc plants, guess not. Rita was going to pull them up and looked at me like I was nuts when I said I'll just till them in, maybe cuz they were bigger then the 725, two passes and mostly gone.Greenhouse was great this year, sold enough tomatoes and dukes to pay for new plastic after 5 years.

7.18CeilingTomatoes.jpg

This one decided it was too crowded in the green house, got one off of it before it frosted.

7.18EscapeeTomatoe.jpg

Best harvest of the year, highest production for me at 134 gallons

8.9Harvest.jpg

Alaska State Fair Blue ribbon honey, for clearest color

8.9LightHoney.jpg

Only been selling it in half pints for 15 bucks since my runner up fireweed is pretty close. The ones on top of the stack of 4 in the second picture of jarred honey is the "runner up" fireweed. Selling those for 22.00.Where the fireweed honey came from, over looking Tok from on top the hills to the N.E. Maybe 15 miles by air but 36 by road and logging trail.

7.4F.W.BeesValley.jpg

round up time on Honey Bucket Ranch

8.25Round-up12Mile.jpg

Those of you desiring honey please PM with address. 4 jars fit in a small flat rate box for 12.95, Haven't tries the 17.95 box yet but I'm guessing 6.

9.2RitaTilling.jpg.4862221fbffa952c26a6a3de9978fcc0.jpg

7.18CeilingTomatoes.jpg.1e1262a4e67c7456df9aea06014af5c4.jpg

7.18EscapeeTomatoe.jpg.b1a933d68ff8887549281815d2d05939.jpg

8.9Harvest.jpg.4d513c1bebc4b8d09ecbe66c029a4155.jpg

8.9LightHoney.jpg.d9fcf6f171473276dd84810e41ca5b43.jpg

7_4F.W.BeesValley.jpg.17b793d6ed0d793a6cd44ad566a8d9e9.jpg

8.25Round-up12Mile.jpg.bb073b27e2f828db22b4968421fa96b4.jpg

Since I went to the 5 wire system,,,,so far so good. The 2nd and 4th are ground, thus if the dirt is dry they get nailed if they poke through. Been hit 6 times altogether, one hive totally munched. I leave them all fastened together and have had to set 7 hives back up, talk about some po'd bees.

That's some good looking honey Martin! Glad you were able to keep the bears away this year and look forward to receiving a box of that sweet Alaskan nectar.

Is that a new pickup I see?

If a 2000 is a new truck, yes Gene. It was new to me 3 summers ago now. Mainly bought it for running the bees, the Ranger was 2 wheel drive and limited me too much to get into off the hi way good places.

Couldn't figure what "little horse"m you were talking about Peter. Picked that outta a dumpster on the way to Fairbanks this spring because it looked just like the one my sons road to death on springs. They'd have that thing a foot off the ground with both on it. STILL have the frame in the trees but I think my granddaughter might be too old for it now.

quote:Originally posted by MPH

If a 2000 is a new truck, yes Gene. It was new to me 3 summers ago now. Mainly bought it for running the bees, the Ranger was 2 wheel drive and limited me too much to get into off the hi way good places..,

id="quote">
id="quote">I remember the Ranger but forgot you got a replacement honey runner^

• 2 weeks later...

Great pics and wow good looking honey. I too struggled with the tiny horse thing thinking gee doesn't everything grow big in the summer in AKsm01

How does you Powermax start in the cold?

Only use the 4040 in the summer when I need the 3 pt. Either for the landscape rake or the spike tooth harrow I rigged up so I can lift it. I plow snow with the '64 landlord and blow it with the B-112---16.

quote:Originally posted by MPH

Too bad you suffered my first ever shipping failure Gene. If the P.O. don't help out I'll make it right with you.

id="quote">
id="quote">Now that's powerful customer service Martin. 3 out of 4 pint jars of honey made the trip safely to MO but 1 was crushed. Claim filed w/USPS. I'll PM you w/a follow up order.