Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Oh joy first thing leaf season!

hurleyii

Well yea me, last night at the end of a long dusty day I almost finished my first collection of leaves and suddenly she stated sucking at sucking! I checked the deck and found a broken tention spring for the belt! No biggie I got spares! I go to empty the trailer and my hose that goes into the vac cart got caught in the tire of the tractor and it's smashed good! Any suggestions besides a hammer?

Yes I backed it up and it looked really bad that night in the dusk.

Last night I pulled it in garage and removed it. Wasn't as bad as it looked in the late hrs, no kinks just smashed a bit. Little pounding with a hammer and all is well. Now into replacing the deck spring! I got several of those laying around

Yes I think I'm just going to throw my 48" on. I've got all the parts I need except I haven't ordered the rollers yet. I'm not sure my 12hp can handle it with a blower vac to! What do you guys think?

I'd stick with what ever deck is on there now. It might be a bit on the low side of power with the 48" deck AND Leaf vac