Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Late season 7112 Hydro find!

fishnwiz

While driving around today I came across a yard sale that had a simplicity 7112 Landlord tractor parked in the pile of sale items. I slammed on the brakes and did a u turn and walked up the drive to inspect the tractor that was for sale. As I approached the tractor my heart stopped when I saw the 1700.00 dollar price tag hanging off of the hood. While the tractor was in above average condition and pretty nice....it was NOT 1700 dollars nice.I inspected the tractor and noticed the electric lift option was on the tractor and some extras that were included in the sale which turned out to be a simplicity trailer in real nice shape, a set of moon hub caps in almost perfect condition as well as a single stage blower with chains and wheel weights The chute had an electric (spout) chute turning motor that was installed on it, and 3 sets of deck blades,again in very good condition plus all the original paperwork for the tractor. I sat on the tractor and attemped to start it with no luck due to a dead battery.The seller saw my interest and started talking up the tractor. The seller asked if I was interested and I kind of laughed and said it was too rich for my blood. The seller told me to make an offer and I said that I felt the tractor was way over priced and worth more in the 500 dollar range with the extras in my opinion....to which he said "SOLD!" I was censored1.gif:(!at myself for not saying 300 instead.I never imagined the price would go from 1700 to 500 in a heartbeat...I should have known better!After some thought and with a few other shoppers nearby whom heard his price quote all of a sudden crawling all over the tractor, I agreed to purchase it after I heard it run and felt it drive.I checked the BGB and cone clutch and found them in excellent condition...steering was tight. I then used my jumper pack that I always carry with me to start the tractor. After a few cranks the Kohler engine jumped to life with no smoke at all and ran PERFECT!I put the tractor through its paces and everything checked out excellent.Tho I was not really in the market at this time for a tractor...the deal was too good to pass up IMO!dOd

IMG_6120_2.jpg

IMG_6122_2.jpg

IMG_6113_2.jpg

IMG_6116_2.jpg

IMG_6120_2.jpg

IMG_6123_2.jpg

IMG_6115_2.jpg

IMG_6114_3.jpg

IMG_6120_2.jpg.8664d4b3a7b102ce93c079ceeb80f3ad.jpg

IMG_6122_2.jpg.2b546da16bc2808a0b0cf31a4cc2ced6.jpg

IMG_6113_2.jpg.e0c17dc3be04fdfff99e3684c1ef048b.jpg

IMG_6116_2.jpg.6aff68530ab6c531f8024499677c7e97.jpg

IMG_6120_2.jpg.0985042f1d33902170fb5c6ed4d17263.jpg

IMG_6123_2.jpg.540f28d009fe52d8983c55af622e2942.jpg

IMG_6115_2.jpg.4887b008564cdf7f5df32725d1bc79b7.jpg

IMG_6114_3.jpg.f2a4389fbc87c4461346a1ec29ed9d73.jpg

Nice Score! Looks like you Stole it at that price...Did you show up at the sale wearing a bandana, or did you put it on after?

Thanks Chris!

The funny thing was that as I was loading the tractor I noticed the excellent condition front baby moon caps but also noticed the rear caps were missing and replaced by wheel weights.. I asked the seller if he had the rear moons for the tractor and he pointed to a shelf that the mint rear caps were lying on right under my nose and they had sale price stickers of 1.00 dollar EACH on them. Can't believe I walked right past them twice without them registering in my head sm00what they were from! Them caps would have made my day at a buck each even if I didn't get the tractor!

I also took a wing on finding the original paperwork. ...just for grins I looked around the garage and there, up on a shelf was a office folder covered in dust. I held my breath as I opened the folder only to find ALL of the original manuals/papers for the tractor. A real nice Birthday gift for me!:J

quote:Originally posted by yukon

bring it to ohio mark ill give you a 200.00 profit and take it off your hands. :D

id="quote">
id="quote">Plus gas costs?:D

Thanks Gene!

The trailer is very nice overall except for the floor which is worn smooth but not rusted or dented.

Wow!! That is one spectacular machine!! So clean, it almost looks like its brand new. Good deal on that one!dOd

Lol...As they say...even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while!

Don't kid yourself,I put in a ton of miles and hrs hunting down a bargin and even then most of my finds I stumble into because if a bargin is advertised, you better be on it in the 1st few minutes or it's gone. Even then the cut throats are out trying to buy a bargin out from under you.

I never tried to figure out what my cost to aquire a bargin tractor is but I am sure I could just buy one off flea bay and have it shipped for cheaper but then I would miss the best part.....the hunt!

As to the tiller.....that one was Devine intervention.0:)

Well after using this tractor for the past few days I have to say I am VERY IMPRESSED with the performance of it. I did not know what to expect from a 12 hp in the large frame tractor but am more then happy with the overall experience with it.

This has got to be the fastest hydro tractor I have ever owned!

Tell you what Mark. Your garage is getting pretty full so how bout I store that pkg for you for you here. We'll chop some leaves to shine up the underside too.

quote:Originally posted by gwiseman

Tell you what Mark. Your garage is getting pretty full so how bout I store that pkg for you for you here. We'll chop some leaves to shine up the underside too.

id="quote">
id="quote">That's exactly why I love this site so much! Everyone is so willing to help the other guy out no matter what the sacrifice! sm00

Looks like everything in that package is in great shape. And it even has the deflector!

And I also think you stole it.

• 2 weeks later...

The original owners of my 7117 took off the deflector and belt covers. Well, when I bought it, I got the belt covers and deflector and they are like NOS. They have been preserved inside for almost 25 years! My 7016H has a mowerdeck but its rusted and needs rewelded. No belt covers or deflectors though|)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Bill725
    • CarlH
    • mbsengineer
    • maxwood
    • Darl Swartz
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts