Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7119 oil leak

simplewrench

I bought my 7119 a year ago in Sept. for $200. the p.o. thought it had a broken rod. lucky for me it needed a coil and the governor adjusted was all. however it did have an oil leak from the drive shaft end of the engine. So I presumed an oil seal leak at the crankshaft. The picture tells the story.

7119under.jpg

7119oil.jpg

a good pressure washing and we are ready to put back together.

7119clean.jpg

7119under.jpg.d7a0ead61d68c861f1a8d0e6c742c281.jpg

7119oil.jpg.6563470c413d05473eb8b2153783ffa1.jpg

7119clean.jpg.07984e84fb048b9ca1a168f659577a4b.jpg

I assume that it was still running, but how that right cylinder cooled is anyone guess.

Good you got to it now and saved another KT from the junk. dOd

You probably have already done it but if not, that seal is easy to change without splitting the case.

I can't believe that engine didn't throw a rod or crater somehow.

The blown KT17 in the 17GTH-L I got didn't have near that much blockage and it didn't survive.

Maybe only running on 1 cylinder??

Could there be possible heat damage on that right cylinder?? How long was it in that condition? That is the absolute worst engine I have ever seen far as gunk and build up goes.

It seems to still run fine and I was able to easily change the seal without splitting the case. I was very pleased after seeing how bad it had gotten that it was still going. Last time I used it was with the leaf vac attached so it had plenty of load but it was a bit cooler out that day. Not sure how long it had been that blocked up. I did clean the finals when I first got it maybe that helped. Who knows?

I guess I didn't really do a specific check but I didn't notice any slop. What do you guys use to remove the old seal? I scratched things up a bit and had to do some shining up on the case and the crank.

Had basically the same problem on my M20 in my Sunstar.Seals go bad and get hard over time.Clean everything good.I used a small screwdriver and popped the seal out.Take you time and do it right while its out...Good looking tractor by the way!!!

That is what I did, used screw but the clearance is so close I scuffed both sides. Anyway

snow gear.jpg

should be ready to go. Just in case it does snow in IL. this year.

57e062099cb56_snowgear.jpg.67ef387c845248049f7067953017a12e.jpg

I will have to look at the package when I get back out to the shop. Just got the cab no way I am giving that up. Snow blowing without a cab blows.

I use this to pull seals that are tough to get out with shaft installed. It works well. The little black hook can slip between the seal and the shaft. I have not tried this in this application, but many others.

LIS58430

You are welcome for the part number glad to be of assistance.

Thanks for the info on the seal puller I like the looks of that and will have to see what I can dig up.