Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Brantley

720nut

The first Brantley I've ever seen,Belongs to Rick (isetta) he stopped by to show me enjoyable visit

Brantley 001.JPG

Brantley 002.JPG

Brantley 003.JPG

I now can see a huge difference between brantley and kelly hoes

57e05aa791a7f_Brantley001.JPG.b66f62729e87cbd9dc66d1f9969fd4b9.JPG

57e05aa8245f4_Brantley002.JPG.aef71a68b29c2734b75fe753020e9e47.JPG

57e05aa82e0e9_Brantley003.JPG.11ebef83c2f8a047117eecc91d956904.JPG

Thanks for posting pics Lloyd. Brother in law and I made a 2300 mile round trip from Michigan to Maine to pick it up. Very happy with the backhoe and tractor / loader. And.. how well the ole boat trailer handled the trip. Probably worried more about that than the backhoe sm02 The Bolens 1886 starts, runs and all the hydraulics work on the hoe and loader...... whoopee!!!

I looked up Brantly history and they sold out to Amerequip.

Supposedly still in business, and still building small equipment.

I have toyed with the idea of building one, but looking at a full sized one it appeared too daunting.

That one looks a lot simpler. }:)}:)

The Brantly is a well made unit and a good size match for the Powermax I intend to put it on. Interesting that Brantly also made loaders, and helicopters..... of all things. The Bolens tractor and Johnson front loader will be going up for sale.

Had a great time checking out Lloyds collection on our way home with the Brantly. His machine shop equipment and tools makes me drool:p

If and I say if wife willing he could have left it here but,I tried real hard to restrain myself. That Bolens Looked like one:||of a machine and the condition was amazing. Rick you shouldn't have any problem selling that, unless of course you change your mind,:D:D

• 1 month later...

Ok, update, the Bolens loader backhoe tractor is a great package. I am keeping it all together while I find or build a subframe for the Powermax. Working a project this weekend with it! There's another Bolens TLB with a Brantly on Craigslist right now in Maine for asking price of 5K!

Those old Bolens were a good, tough tractor. Ran with power take offs with universal joints when everyone else was still using belts. Heck, most everyone else is still using belts!

Bro in law and I going to move some dirt with it tomorrow, filling in behind a new retaining wall in his yard. Will try to take some pics while we are play.....auh workin : )

Really wanted to put the Brantly backhoe on my Simplicity Powermax. Today we hauled and moved 14 yards of topsoil and the Bolens / Johnson / Brantly worked perfectly. No ruts in the yard and I didn't have to shovel at all. Two brothers in law did the manual work. We went from the trailer into the loader and back to the yard. I am keeping this unit together ^ Having trouble posting pics right now

I'd have a hard time restoring that setup...aside from the common discoloring of the white hood, the whole thing looks like it's in great original skin. Plus, once restored...it becomes tougher to use.

I do like all my old stuff to use. If I can buy it right and it's already in perfect shape ok but hard for me to put all that work into a resto and then go out and use it the way I want to. Still getting the "no file to upload" message for pics

The Bolens HT20 in Maine on Craigslist very much like mine but with mower deck and snowblower just sold for his asking price: $5,000.00 OO

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the setup in use, did nothing to it, no plugs, no points, no carb, no oil, just gas and go, one of the best buys I ever made : )Just not the right color.......Mega thanks to Kent for fixing the pic problem, you da man!!!

tlb1.jpg

tlb1.jpg.48639aaa31d483a5086b9c3b928aca12.jpg

Their choice and had no dump trailer. That tractor tippietoed across the lawn 30 or so times and nary a blade of grass out of place:D

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody know the owner of this machine? Or any Powermax with a Brantly backhoe and loader on it? I need info and pictures of how the subframe is attached with the loader.

003 copy.jpg

57e06242635be_003copy.jpg.84d7186487e48f963eb9d3aee39cb579.jpg