Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

winter

yukon

Still dealing with leaves here...I did replace the seized bearing in my blower hitch though. The snow is due any time...Kinda on borrowed time with the one last leaf pickup I have to do.

Still doing cleanups here, at least one last mow on most yards. Had snow Saturday night up by Gaylord Mi.

I forgot but I've got blower on 720 and plow ready for my S10, so guess I'm ready for what ever is sent are way.

I put a blade on the B110 for any suprises, but the XL has the quick tach loader, blade, broom and 2 stage, so no real need to prep anything. I usually set the hard cab on after the first good snow.

Last year I was plowing by now...

Hey Dave, I am impressed w/shop wall pegboard & organization and your readiness for winter. Still knocking weeds down & crushing leaves in central MO.

Leaves?? weeds??---------------oh yea, I remember those,B)

112 has been moved into the shop for a month with the blower in. Landlord has fall oil change done, but still working, well, in use. Have the wood splitter hooked on it. Hadda put the blade hitch on last week to clean up mess a log truck driver left unloading 10 cords near the end of the driveway.

I cant even talk about winter yet!! The back yard is full of leaves and so is the back field! Go away snow!! Haha

Looking at 50 MPH wind gusts here on Thurdsay, so I ain't a cleanin' up nutin' until that is over with. Then a final clean and getting the cab and blower mounted, winter tires, and preping the two blower attachements and one walk behind Ariens for sale.

Leaves are all done and the blower is going on the 7122 this weekend. At some point it will get fitted for the cab as well, leaving my 7116 that has taken care of the driveway for the last few years for plow duty on the lighter days.

Still spreading leaves and mulching them on the garden before plowing them under.

Either way, the 27" blower IS waiting and ready.

Well, due to lack of storage, I'm haveing to clear the barn and garage and reorganize. Once I get the cab on, there's room for another tractor. My barn can hold 5 tractors and still have room to work. Although none of this is done, here is my winter plan.....

I'm the barn from Left to right:

New Broadmoor

3112- back up plow

In the garage:

64 Landlord - Blower

7016H- plow

717 will be shoved under the work bench

Just got a 7016H so I think I will plow with it

quote:Originally posted by yukon

i hate to wait to the last minute.

id="quote">
id="quote">That's what I love about these machines...it's so easy to swap things around, and in November it's rarely cold enough to bother me. Typically, any November snow melts off the drive by lunchtime anyway.I wouldn't want to be prepping a machine in late December though...last year I sold my AGCO 2025 in March and had to remove the cab and mounts, 3pt and rear PTO on a -2* morning before the buyer showed up. That sucked. Bad.

With 40 to 50 MPH winds predicted tomorrow in my neck of the woods, I hope Ma nature does most of the leaf removal for me!dOd

I generally wait until the first snow to put the snow removal gear on my tractors. This year I decided to be different, and put the blower on the Legacy about 2 weeks ago since it was already snowing by this time last year. Good thing I did, and that it hasn't snowed yet, because I found out that the chute rotator motor has quit working. But, alas, I haven't gotten around to getting that fixed yet. I can't figure out what's wrong with it, so I gotta find some place to take it to. Hopefully I get around to fixing it before the first snow, but knowing me probably not.

quote:Originally posted by GregB

Really ????I still have leaves coming down from the Oak and Maples here is south central Pa!!!!

id="quote">
id="quote">Same here in SE PA, Greg. Now waiting! have til this coming Wednesday to finish the leaves (wait for them to dry, too much rain lately), then to try the 36" blower on the '69 Landlord*. All the Ash, Maple, Hickory, and Poplar are bare!Still have plenty of downed trees to harvest!wahcrk8* After the lights are wired!dOd

anymore I wait till the snow is flying to bother mounting a plow or blower. There's been too many winters where I've had everything ready, only to not touch it till spring when I put the tiller on. Besides, I still need to chop my corn and mulch my leaves before it snows ^

• Who's Online (See full list)

• AC710
    • Tarheel
    • BMinor0788
    • rich_kildow
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts