Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Front lift on early model Legacy /Agco series

country

So I stumbled across a cheap 60" Eagle Manufacturing brand snow plow with the electronic turn system that I picked up. The two things I have to figure out are how to lift it, and how to mount it to the tractor.

First, how to lift it. What I have in mind is adding a custom front rock shaft with arms in the 3"-5" long range. I'm borrowing this idea from the older Ariens GT series tractors. For the hydraulic part, I'm thinking a short stroke lift cylinder like found on the older JD'S and Cubs. The ones I'm seeing have a 2"-3" travel. This would be plumbed in using a control valve like the hydraulic blade on the early model Legacy.

As far as the hitch goes, I'll have to chop up and modify the existing hitch or design and fab a new one.

Any thoughts? Anyone happen to have one the older lift cylinders or a 2 Spool valve laying around? I only need a single spool but want a 2 spool for flexibility down the road.

Here is what I'm thinking.Gray - front plates on tractorYellow - cylinderGreen - rock shaft armsBlue - rock shaftPurple - link armBrown - plow hitchThe rock shaft would be connected to the front side plates on the tractor. Ideally, the cylinder assembly would fit inbetween the front side plates and be protected.

frontlift1s.JPG

This is the down position.

frontlift2s.jpg

This is the up position

frontlift1s.JPG.3e5fa4234bd4bcfe1018727b9811da4d.JPG

frontlift2s.jpg.23fd42912640dd3da0e82b0aa13d2e82.jpg

I have a legacy front hitch that needs a home...could save some fab work. Add the lift system and viola. If you mated it to a flat plate on your plow, you can use as a quick hitch...pull pins then use the tractor to set the plow down and back away.

Brett, can you please provide the following dimensions:

1. Distance between mounting points on the cylinder with it closed

2. Distance between mounting points on the cylinder with it open

3. Outside diameter of cylinder body

I'm thinking the cylinder travel may be too much.