Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

out of space

rokon2813

Been working on putting things away for the winter.Still not done yet, but I was taking pictures of something else and had to shoot this one.This is the bay where the car is supposed to fit......:o:O:O

full garage.jpg

57e05aab894c8_fullgarage.jpg.f7c268528e613af1312e23aadc563fba.jpg

Actually, I sold the cab. so there is room for one more....

And another if I get the new furnace in the basement where it belongs. LOL

Not sure where I'm going to "work" though ^

Already have to move 3 out and put the table by the door to paint :I

Oh, boy. And it is starting to get cold. Better put a tank heater on the cars engine so it is warm for winter starting outside!

quote:Originally posted by B-16_IC

I see nothing at all wrong with that picture, cars belong outside!:D

id="quote">
id="quote">Neither my girlfriends or my daily driver trucks has been in our garage since we purchased our home 18 years ago....there is no room with my 63 T bird conv.and my 17ft fishing boat!|) In exchange for no garage use the girlfriend is allowed to keep her washer and dryer in the basement!|)The tractors are in the garden shed and rental garages sm00sm00

quote:Originally posted by HubbardRA

Park the tractor on a pallet, then hook it to cables and pull it up to the ceiling. This should double your storage. LOL

id="quote">
id="quote">Umm nope, all the "too much weight" stuff I have stashed in the rafters would be on the floor.Probably several hundred pounds up there now, and its a 24' span, 2x4 joists on 4' centers B)B)

Wow, perfect opportunity to justify installing posts hold up the rafters and shelves between the posts, problem solved, then you can justify getting a hilo attachment or forklift to fill up those empty shelves, happy camper!

I have often thought about building a smaller version of an auto lift just for working on garden tractors and other small machines. With one of these, one tractor could be lifted and another underneath. I wouldn't hang a tractor on my rafters either.