Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

chinese made motors

dav

some one got a new motor thru Costa Rica because the Chinese still make what we don't. they posted a pic of the box it came in.

can that club member contact me please?

I have a brother living in C R so I would like to send him the numbers off the box to see if he can purchase motors for transshipment. (Costa Rica is a member of the north American free trade agreement. stuff from there does not have import taxes and tariffs. so the chinks send stuff to CR instead of L. A. to beat the taxes.)

I doubt there is any money to be made doing this but I have 2 tractors that use 23D/243xxx motors and some parts for them are hard to get.

yep, that's it.

i'll get my magnifying glass so I can read the numbers on the box and send them to little brother.

he's slower than cold molasses so nothing will happen soon. (he says he's living on 'manyana time' manyana does not mean tomorrow- it means 'not today')

dav,

I don't have the box anymore so I can't get any info from it.

If the want the hi-res pic (almost 500KB) to zoom in better, send me your email addie and I'll send it to you.

I just held a big magnifying glass in front of the screen to read the numbers-326431 I think- and sent that and 243431 to my brother.

he lives out in the sticks but works in San Jose so he has the opportunity to find a dealer. if I threaten to come visit for a while while I look, he will look harder so as to avoid that. lol.

quote:Originally posted by dav

... so the chinks send stuff to CR instead of L. A.

id="quote">
id="quote">I'm sure if any of the members or prospective members are of Chinese decent, they won't be offended. sm00

I was actually informed by fellow club member, ZippoVarga, that the engines are still made here but they aren't for sale here due to EPA restrictions. It makes sense because the box says "for export only"

The 'ol 16HP Briggs Cast Iron Engine still draw interest. As to mine purchased in August of 2003:

IMG_4923a.jpg

Close up of "Made in China" at bottom of box:

IMG_4923b.jpg

Close up of label:

IMG_4923c.jpg

Info from the tin: 326431 2521-07 01103048Model: 326431Type: 2521-07Date code: 01103048 = '01, Oct30, plant 48 (China I presume)It was purchased from Small Engine Warehouse and I BELIEVE (not a fact) it came from Central America. And dav, this engine type came with an oil pan that has the "fill/drain" combo on one end of the pan. It barely fit in a 7100 series frame. It has no stator, hence no charging system. A Model 326437 would have the gear tooth starter and I'm sure many of those models would have charging systems and different block/oil pan configurations that would be dependent on the Type.

IMG_4923a.jpg.a900c8c9ac20ef0a5a2badd451cea003.jpg

IMG_4923b.jpg.5656ea7c51fa61939dca4dbd2498d6f0.jpg

IMG_4923c.jpg.f95880bcb42a2c150051c035543354df.jpg

Originally posted by fishnwiz
quote:
id="quote">|)Hey....I LOVE Chinese food!...watch it!:D
id="quote">id="quote">May I recommend Chen's??:D:Dhttp://www.chenskitchenwi.com/menu.asp

Originally posted by timflury
quote:
id="quote">|)Hey....I LOVE Chinese food!...watch it!:D
id="quote">id="quote">May I recommend Chen's??:D:Dhttp://www.chenskitchenwi.com/menu.asp
id="quote">id="quote">Been there done that.....thanks buddy!