Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rokon2813

One Current Project

rokon2813

When I bought Jimdk's collection, I also got his last "project".It seemed to be the only one that his wife got a little choked up over, so I told her I would finish it and send her a picture.There are a couple issues I will need to work through, not knowing his thought process, but these parts are what he had in the shop, earmarked for this tractor so,,,Right, wrong or otherwise, these are the parts I will use to finish his "712H" with hydro lift and Briggs engine.

712 before.jpg

My first issue was paint. I'm using his color scheme, but could not find anywhere, any hint of exactly what color he was using.After some contemplation, I took a shot in the dark on his particular shade of orange. He painted the bottom half of the tractor, and I want the hood and seat pan to match.He recently did his full sized Allis, so Allis Chalmers Orange it is.Does it match?

712 in progress.jpg

57e05aac976e2_712before.jpg.91ea1a48a4f703b0cbfb9aaee3650c0b.jpg

57e05aaca8d80_712inprogress.jpg.7dd13a4cda38428f8161b1a27e8a1b03.jpg

rokon2813

Some of the issues I see so far.

1) He personally told me he rebuilt this engine for this tractor. It's a FDT block. A FDT oil pan won't fit in a RBT. I can change the pan, then I have the issue of where to put a dipstick / oil fill.

2) He assembled the engine. There is no spark plug wire, so I have to assume he planned to use an external coil. Just have to figure out if the wiring harness is briggs or kohler.

3) The "pepper can" exhaust won't work. I can swap that out.

4) The steering wheel has an orientation, so I need to take apart the steering, see if I can turn the steering shaft 90* to get the steering wheel right.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• abu507
    • Chad Graska
    • GregB
    • macallis180
    • BruceH
    • AC710
    • tamurmueen
    • dynodave
    • TomSchmit
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Trevor Hostetter
      Trevor Hostetter
  • Recent Status Updates

• Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
    • thedaddycat

thedaddycat  »  SmilinSam

It's in pretty sad shape, but yes I have a yellow plastic cap that I'm fairly certain is what you need. PM me your details and I'll get it out to you.
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts