Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Where not to go for advice

OkieGT

This guy has two Allis 416s and a 716? and asked advice from the experts, most of which shoot from the hip and have no clue. This is the place where a torch and a sledge are your most used tools, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol

http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/topic/49745-snow-blade-for-alice/

sheesh, If someone needs advice they need to go to a real garden tractor forum.

Oh, I don't know. Looks like plain ol' redneck ingenuity to me!That's how I get most of my work done!Check out the front blade & ripper on my JD 210. That is about phase 7 of the build & rebuild & rebuild & . . . In fact, I have since rebuilt the 3-point so I can quick change the ripper for a rear blade.Made all the lift linkages, too.

Dozer Ripper.jpg

57e062159514d_DozerRipper.jpg.d63eb9eb11a1546054412f4d8ce2a7e8.jpg

I had a similar push bar made for my B210 when I was doing a lot of field sickle work. It helped for pushing things down and pushing gates open that were overgrown.

Of course on a Deere like that it's to save the fragile plastic nose:p

How about this series of Simplicity snowblade installation vids?

To each his own, but this is reinventing the wheel.....

As for that other site, several of us are also users there, including myself.

I'm not stupid, I'm a Ahole Chris, I know plenty of people belong to both forums. I was under the impression that this and a few other forums were for people who appreciated the machine and attempted to save and restore or at least take care of the machines, not butcher them into salvage scrap. Unfortunately forums live by the number of posters and I think the number of posters and people who are real collectors, or that attempt to save these old machines and their attachments, is dwindling fast. In the end just like America's morality the forums will end up in the toilet as will these old machines not due to age but due to a lack maturity and character. I was 17 once, in boot camp, it didn't take me long to grow up, but I have friends and relatives that are still 17. My mistake and a reaffirmation of my decision to my club status. Buh Bye

quote:Originally posted by dentwizz

I had a similar push bar made for my B210 when I was doing a lot of field sickle work. It helped for pushing things down and pushing gates open that were overgrown. Of course on a Deere like that it's to save the fragile plastic nose:p

id="quote">
id="quote">That AIN'T plastic!!(It's fiberglass) sm01

While I can be restoration OCD, I also like practicality. For instance, when I ran into the garage door with my 1978 JD 210 because it did NOT have the brake on the clutch pedal like my 1980 JD 216, I upgraded the 210 so it would function the same way. That pedal can also be used to slow the variator.

I'm seriously thinking of adding a "clutch" pedal to the left side of my D-A 1920 to activate the mechanism that pulls the hydro lever to neutral when both brakes are applied. It would also slow the hydro down much like the JD variator.

WHY do that? Well, I almost ran into the wife's Grand Marquis because it took me a bit to remember to pull back on the lever to stop! (That was before I knew about the pull-down linkage on the brakes)

Thus, functional consistency between tractors that I use on a daily basis, even across brands.

quote:Originally posted by OkieGT

I'm not stupid, I'm a Ahole Chris, I know plenty of people belong to both forums. I was under the impression that this and a few other forums were for people who appreciated the machine and attempted to save and restore or at least take care of the machines, not butcher them into salvage scrap. Unfortunately forums live by the number of posters and I think the number of posters and people who are real collectors, or that attempt to save these old machines and their attachments, is dwindling fast. In the end just like America's morality the forums will end up in the toilet as will these old machines not due to age but due to a lack maturity and character. I was 17 once, in boot camp, it didn't take me long to grow up, but I have friends and relatives that are still 17. My mistake and a reaffirmation of my decision to my club status. Buh Bye

id="quote">
id="quote">Not feeling particularly happy, joyous, and free today Mike? ^

quote:

That AIN'T plastic!!

(It's fiberglass) sm01

id="quote">
id="quote">

Plastic with glass:p I rebuilt one that had been crunched sometime back just for the fun of it since fiberglass is kinda fun to work with. That said, I would rather have a steel hood any day.

quote:Originally posted by dentwizz

Plastic with glass:p I rebuilt one that had been crunched sometime back just for the fun of it since fiberglass is kinda fun to work with. That said, I would rather have a steel hood any day.

id="quote">
id="quote">

Myself, I prefer the 'glass. Poked a 2" hole in my JD 216 hood when I ran into my 1928 Caterpillar's loader. Fixed it up so nice you can't tell. The Deutz 1920 has a dent in the (steel) hood that I'm afraid will not clean up as nicely.