I just picked up a simplicity 3212h

I am looking for two things at the moment

A.bug eye head lights

B. Left side cover

Thanks for the help

Will post pictures when I get a chance

Gary

Gary, can't help but welcome to the club

I didn't think when I posted but Dupies In Kalkaska Mi. I believe had some in his junk yard, might be a place to start. He's big Simplicity dealer you can google for phone #

Welcome to the club Gary!8)

I used my 3212H a LOT for plowing snow. I loved it... Did GREAT!...... until the axle tube brokewah. Well, I am slowly getting it fixed and hope to have it done by snowfall.

First of all... do you have the brackets for the headlights? If so you just need to look for just headlights, which should be fairly easy to find. If you don't have the brackets, those are a little harder to find. The left side cover plate should not be too hard to find, and shouldn't be too much $ to get.

quote:Originally posted by Gcabinet1

Does anyone know what the compression is supposed to be on a 3212h Briggs 300421 0127-01 12hp engine.Thanks

id="quote">
id="quote">The excerpt from the Briggs handbook CE8069-5/00 which includes the CI's

BriggsCompressionSml.jpg

Over the year's, gauge readings of 90-110 psi has been assumed acceptable.

Here again

Looking to replace the blades on my 3212h

42" deck it calls for 2108298 blades tha are no longer available . Any one know a current number.

Thanks Gary

quote:Originally posted by Gcabinet1

Here againLooking to replace the blades on my 3212h42" deck it calls for 2108298 blades tha are no longer available . Any one know a current number.Thanks Gary

id="quote">
id="quote">108298 is replaced by 1656144SM

I am getting ready to paint the deck in my restoration of my 3212h.

First question the deck has some deep pit marks,I am sandblasting first ,then epoxy prime or should I bondo

First then prime.

Second what have some of you used to paint epoxy,urethane or other.

What holds up best to gas spills.

Being a cabinetmaker I am used to spraying two part paints but on wood not metal.

Any good sources for info.

Thanks Gary

Welcome to the site!

I have had excellent success with Por15 in my vintage car restorations but have never used it on a tractor.I don't see why this product wouldn't be an excellent candidate for a deck restoration.

Best of luck.

Mark

I used POR-15 on my deck restoration. It worked out really well, and that stuff is TOUGH. They recommend topcoating the paint due to the fact its not UV resistant. To answer your question, prime first, then bondo. The primer (or POR-15) will prevent rust from forming in the future. If you bondo first, you'll have places where the metal is "open"

Here is a link to my thread about the deck I redid.

http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=148961

Welcome Gary,

Yes you should use body filler first on the bare metal, then shoot primer. I have used a sealing primer and one step acrylic urethane paint by "Shop Line". Both the primer and paint require harder additive. I am happy with the finished result, very hard durable paint surface! The auto body supply store I used scanned the bottom of my seat pan for my 7117 and came up with stock match (8 on a scale of 1 to 10). # 62698 Prime shop line -Volkswagen Snap Orange. Would recremend using HVLP paint gun with the right size tips for both primer and paint.

Good luck Mike

I am putting bug eye lights off another tractor

What should the light switch look like on a

3212h? And where on the dash should I put it.

Thanks for all the help you all have given me

Gary