Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Deutz-Allis gift for my Mother

MarksA-C

Went and picked up a mower on a lead from a friend, $50 doesn't run. Got to the guys place and it was this CLEAN little Deutz-Allis rear engine mower. Never had a Deutz before... so after speaking to the serbian guy who didn't know a word of english, I got it and brought it home. Quick diagnosis, had great compression, had spark, ok.. so it must be a fuel issue. Open the tank to check and guess what...no gas at all. Top it off with 91 octane and crank it over. Fires RIGHT up and runs great! Drive perfect, no issues at all!Then my mother comes home and see's it, "New mower for me??". My initial thought was heck no, this is a quick flip for good profit! Then the thought grew on me to give it to my folks since they let me store my junk at their house and my mother can't walk to well after a knee surgery. Tossed her the key today, She's thrilled to have it!

11219674_10205679926421120_2054293370723321162_n.jpg

I've been thinkin' of finding a small rider for my Dad. 86 and cuts a 1/2 acre with a self-propelled push mower. He calls it his "walker". :D