Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydraulic Leak - Fitting or RV

PhanDad

I have some leakage on my 75th with power steering. The leak is from the area of the hydraulic lift valve. In might be from the bottom most valve nipple area - this is where 2 hoses tie into the system, so there's 3 connections that might be leaking.

However, I think the valve also has a relief valve in it that discharges out the bottom. If this is correct, what could make the RV blow? One of the charge pump RV's stuck and not relieving?

Any ideas appreciated. Getting a wrench on some of the fitting with the engine installed is difficult, if not impossible. I'd like to get it figured out and fixed without pulling the engine. (And winter'd coming and it's my blower tractor)

Bill,Anyone you know have a bore scope or a video inspection tool?If you had access to one, you could maybe clean the valve up with gumcutter and they look for the leak fresh.Like this one maybe

scope.jpg

Don't have access to one anymore; in a previous job I did. It was old school - had a small CRT for the viewer and a 50 foot lead with lights around the tip. Used it to find a problem in a rainwater run-off pipe.

I've dried the valve area off as best I can. I put some paper towels at the various fittings. Hopefully that will help me figure out what's leaking.